FLEETING COLOURS

Dwarka was being painted in fleeting colours. There was a lot of pomp and show going around in the whole kingdom. The citizens were happy because they had some good news. Their new queen was about to be a mother and they eagerly awaited the arrival of their new princess or prince. The excitement was not less in the royal palace too .

After feeling ill continuously for few days when Advaita consulted the royal doctors. After running a few tests and knowing the symptoms they confirmed the news to the family. After that a few months had passed. News had got out of Dwarka too. News had reached Hastinapur and Anga . Rajmataa Kunti was delighted by the news along with a few others from the royal family but not Duryodhan.

"Now she will have kids. She was supposed to die mamashree long ago. But you failed in all your plans . And there she is sitting on the top of the food chain as Vasudev Krishna's wife , those Yadavas venerate him. By default Yudhistir will have more power than me..." But Duryodhan was cut off mid-sentence by Dussashan. "What is the relation of our kingdoms with a food chain?" "Huh" Duryodhan sighed and picked up a coal from the burning lamp. This atrocious activity made Shakuni shiver. Duryodhan started drawing on the floor with the coal piece and continued speaking. "This is the food chain the chain of power." He said drawing a pyramid like structure. " The Yadavas are always at the top of the chain due to Krishn and Balram." He moved on to the second step of the Pyramid. "Hastinapur was here. Always. Due to our power. Due to Bhishm. And the only close rival was Panchal. But Arjun defeated them and they moved down." He said the last few words in a whisper. "Then Panchali was married to those wretched Pandavas and they made Indraprasth. Arjun married Subhadra. They were slowly rising to power. Then after the Rajsuy yajna they replaced us and even the Yadavas because the Yadavas were allied to them. After the dice game we went to the top with all the power but now its again the Yadavas. Because most of the kingdoms allied to the Pandavas are not allied to us." There was clear fear visible in his face. He was scared of the Yadavas Of their army. And he knew Advaita holding a position of power in the Yadava administration was not good for him. She was out of reach for him all these days but her about to be born children had just made everything easier.

In her past few  days in Dwarka Advaita had gained many of her divine powers and that made it known to her there were two life sources growing inside her instead of one. She was both excited and nervous about her motherhood. She had never been that great in homely works as compared other women and this scared her. She questioned her own ability to take care of two children. And she missed her brothers way too much these few days. She also wanted her mother to be with her now but she didn't knew if it was possible. She snapped out of her thoughts when a dasi came and informed her that an entourage from Hastinapur had arrived.