FACE-OFF

"Can I come in , Advaita?" It was Princess Bhanumati , Duryodhan's wife. "Yes Bhabishree or shall I call you the usurping Empress?" Bhanumati cleverly dodged the question "I was so happy on hearing the good news Advaita. I couldn't wait to meet you." Advaita didn't reply to her. "Is anything wrong?" Bhanumati asked. "Why are you here?"Advaita asked blatantly.

"We are to celebrate your first step into motherhood."

"No you are not. Bhrata Duryodhan can never be happy for me. What harm will he do now?"

"You are getting it all wrong. Arya has no plans. He doesn't want to harm you. You are his sister. Stop holding him as a villain always." Bhanumati said controlling herself from breaking down.

"He tried to kill me in the dice game. He wanted to marry me off to someone I never liked. All this time he was showing brotherly love to me? You want me to believe that? I am sure that this time you are a major part of his plot."

" No. I am not. I am here to ask you for help."

"Help? About what?"

Sitting by the stream Draupadi's thoughts went far back to her time in Indraprasth. If Advaita was and Govind's marriage happened then maybe they would have had kids by now. She remembered an inanimate conversation that she had with her Sakhi while cradling Shrutakirti in her arms. Shrutakirti. The name made her feel a deep wave of sadness. She hadn't seen her babies in so long. She will not be able to even see them grow up into great warriors. Will they also blame their mother for everything like most men does? Or will they understand her circumstances?

The entourage from Hastinapur had left long ago along with Duryodhan and Bhanumati. The people in Dwarka knew what Advaita carried for Duryodhan in her heart . Therefpore they had made sure he was never left alone with her. But Advaita had other thoughts. She thought about the help Bhanumati had asked from her. She knew only Kanha could help her.

"How can I help you?" Krishna's voice boomed through the chamber.

"Arya you promised that you won't intercept my thoughts unless we are talking in that procedure."

"I didn't intercept your thought your face said it all." He said sitting down beside her.

Advaita rolled her eyes. " I could never win an argument against you. But now listen to me." Advaita said in an excited tone. Her eyes shinning bright. Krishna laid down on the soft grass with his hands on the back of his head " Say what you have to?"

"Its something Bhabishree Bhanumati said."

"What did she say?"

"She said Bhrata Duryodhan has a lot of love for us in his heart but Gandharraj Shakuni is the one drenching poison in his heart. Therefore she wants us to help her renovate Bhrata Duryodhan."

"Okay".

"That's all you have got to say? Really?"

"How much of this story do you believe?" Krishn asked raising himself on his elbow.

"Not a bit." Advaita said screwing up her face. "You?"

"Well partly."

"Reasons?"

"Well Mamashree Shakuni has a lot of agendas against your families. He is clever but what he doesn't have is power. And for that reason he needs Bhrata Duryodhan. And therefore he manipulates him for that. Bhrata Duryodhan's fault is he lets himself get manipulated. So there is hardly any way to help."

"Yes. I see. But you will try to stop him in future? Wouldn't you?"

"Whom?"

"Mamashree and Bhrata Duryodhan both."

"Well we will see about that. Now if your Highness pleases can I sleep now?"

"Stop joking with me."

"Okay okay now stop being fake angry with me and go to bed."

Hope you liked the chapter. Vote and drop your comments. Stay safe.