1

Chapter 1

I have no one, and it's fine with me. No one will care about you. No one will think about you. No one will miss you. No one likes nor loves you. No one will cry once you die.

The Earth is 4.543 billion years and slowly destroying. There have 385,000 born babies every day, yet there has 150,000 died every day, and in 7.8 billion people on earth. We didn't know who's going to die. There has 24 hours, 1,440 minutes, and 86,400 seconds every day, and we don't know the exact time we will die.

The Earth is aging, do us were aging, they're slowly destroying, do us were destroying. There has a born baby every day, and that was us before. Someone died every day, and someday, it will be us. Who knows? Maybe later, we will be out of breath.

The smell of coffee that's pleasing my nose. The noisy people surround that I want to rip off their throat, but I know I can't do that.

Where is she?! I hate this place. It's noisy! Why am I even agreed to her to go out?

"Hey! I'm sorry I'm late," she apologized, but I just ignore her.

She sighed, "Fine fine. Next time I won't be late anymore."

"There has no next time. This day will be the last," I said, then give her sharp eyes.

"Fine."

"Let's go. I need you to go with me to choose a gift. You will help me to choose things."

"Why me?" I asked in confusion. "I can't help you with this."

"Sure, you can. The person I want to give a gift likes old things. You're old fashioned, so I remember you."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"You know... I'm confused if you're an introvert or just an ambivert. Or maybe, you're an extrovert like me! You are comfortable talking with me, and you're not embarrassed with the eyes people giving you," she uttered.

That caught me off guard.

"Ahh... I-I'm c-com—"

"And now you're stuttering."

Why did she even open that topic?! Should I say that that I'm comfortable with her?

"I'm comfortable with you," I said, then looked away. "Let's go. We might be late," I said, then walked outside the cafe.

"Wait for me!" she shouted. "I didn't know you'll be comfortable with me," she said, smiling. "I'm fluttered."

"You do?" I exclaimed.

"Is it unexpected? Of course, I flutter. We've known each other since we're nursery. I thought you didn't like me. I'm the one who often initiates to talk to you. I thought you're not interested. You love your books more than anyone else."

"I'm just embarrassed to talk you," I said in a low tone, almost my breath can only hear.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed! Even you're distant, I consider you as my best friend. As my sister. You're important to me, Lyn."

"I don't know what to say. I didn't know you're thinking like that," I whispered.

"Chin up! You don't need to say anything. Let's enjoy this day while looking for a gift!" she announced.

"Let's go," I agreed.

While walking in the park, she keeps on babbling. She surely knows how to open a conversation. While me? I doubt it.

No wonder why they called her "Lyka, the social butterfly."

I'll always ask myself, how can people have a lot of topics? Did they travel the world? That's why they have a lot to tell? Or are they just curious about some things and keep on asking?

"Hey! Are you listening?"

"Ahh y-yeah... I mean, no. My apologies, what is it again?"

"I said. What if someone knows when will you go to die? And in what way you will die. What will you do for the last day of your life?"

That's imposible, but what I'm going to do?

"I don't think that will happen, but I don't know... I have no one in life. Everything is boring to me. Maybe, just stay in my room and read all the books I wanted to read," I mumbled.

"That's dull," she commented, and I can't help it but agree. "But you have me."

"Thanks, but why did you ask?"

"Well, there has an odd man here in the park. He will just there observe, looking to everyone. People are always scared to walk here."

"Why is that?"

"He's an odd man who can tell people when they're last day and in what way their lives end just by looking at their appearance. Some people believe in him, some people not," she explained.

"Who wouldn't? We didn't know if he's telling the truth or just a pure prediction," I commented.

But what if that odd man was right? What if he  will approach us? What if he'll just appear in front of us and tell us when we will going to die?

Lyka was about to talk when we heard someone shouted. The odd man that I've been thinking.

Dedicated to: Hyleen De Guzman
©2020 Xiaojientrovert