Chapter 4

We're now in a Filipino Cuisine Restaurant. She's craving for 'Sinigang na Baboy' (Pork Stew) and 'Sinigang na Bangus' (Milkfish Stew). I agreed with her to eat here since I'm also craving for it.

"It's been a year since I tasted those dishes," she started.

"Same, that is the best stew I've ever tasted!" I exclaimed.

"I will never disagree with you," she said.

"How come you know this place?" I ask.

"We celebrated our reunion here, you didn't attend just like what we expected," she answered.

Right. I remember receiving an invitation to have a reunion, but I didn't pay attention since I'm not into parties or any celebration.

I must say they have a great choice. Inside of the cuisine, you will really felt like you're back in the year of 1897. The whole establishment was made of a woods, not literally made of woods. But they designed it like a wood. The staffs were wearing the Filipino Traditional Dresses (Baro't Saya).

This cuisine was half into three. The right wing, middle wing, and left wing.The dining area or the place where you'll eat was located in the right wing. And in the left wing, you will found the video-oke machine. It's a sound proof room, so you can sing all over you want. Besides of the menu in your table, you can also order on your own, located in the middle wing.

Minutes later, our order already arrive. We didn't hesitate to start eating. We didn't even talk while eating.

I wanted to ask her about the person will receive the gift we buy earlier, but I think she may not give a clue who it was. She keeps on saying that person. I don't have any clue whether if it was a male or female.

Nevermind. It's not my business after all.

"Done!" she exclaimed.

I moaned, "I'm so full."

"Let's sing!" she suggested. I just nodded.

We go to left wing and starting to find a nice spot. Thankfully, they don't have many costumers toda,y so we can freely pick our own spot.

We've been singing for three hours now, and I already felt my throat aches.

I'm still searching for a song that I can sing when a nursery rhymes catch my attention.

"Hey, Lyka," I called her attention. "Do you remember our favorite nursery rhyme when were still in pre-school?" I ask.

"Yes, of course. It's still my favorite until now," she commented.

"Do you mind singing it with me?" I ask. She gave me a smile.

"Of course, I don't mind. Play it," she commands. I quickly follow.

"I can still remember on our first day. Our teacher asks us to sing our favorite nursery rhymes, and we shouldn't have the same with others. But we both exclaimed the same title and our teacher said the other one must change. But, no one gave up, so our teacher decided, we will sing it in unison," she said.

I started reminiscing that day. I can't help, but to laugh.

Seconds later, the song already started, and we started singing alternate.

"Twinkle twinkle little star," I started.

I can still remember how she insisted that I should sing the first line for our event in school.

"How I wonder what you are," she followed.

Do you really wonder what am I?

"Up above the world so high," I sing.

Who's the superior? Who's the inferior?

"Like a diamond in the sky," she sings.

Who among us reflects in the sky?

"Twinkle twinkle little star," I sing.

Who among us shines so bright?

"How I wonder what you are," she sings.

Do you know what am I?

"When the blazing sun is gone," I sing.

When he left, how did you continue your life?

"When he nothing shines upon," she sings.

When he's just became nothing.

"Then you show your little light," I sing.

Did your confidence boost?

"Twinkle, twinkle, all the night," she sings.

Who's more powerful every night?

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star," I sing.

Who's the little star?

"How I wonder what you are," she ended.

Are you ready to know what am I?

Dedicated to: Gwen Weng

©2020 Xiaojientrovert