13

Chapter 13

I get my pocket knife that I will use to kill her. It has the design of a twinkling stars and diamonds only made for me.

I hold the pocket knife and look at the details engraved on the handle.

"For sure, you remember the very first day the twinkle twinkle little star became your favorite nursery rhyme and lullaby. It's the time when my— our father sing it," I look at her eyes, she seems scared. I smirk. "Do you remember when we sing together the nursery rhyme? You decided to sing alternatively with me. And I should start it," I reminisced.

"Twinkle twinkle little star~" I started singing. "You didn't put any meaning on that line, but I did. That's my point of view. I'm telling you to grow your self-esteem. Be proud of yourself," I stated.

"Can you sing the next line for me?" I ask, grinning.

"H-h-how... How I... W-wonder w-what y-y-you are..." she sings, stammering.

"It seems normal for you, but for me? It wasn't," I chuckle. "This time, it's your point of view. Asking yourself what kind of a person am I. I am sporty, intelligent, and talented. You will always asks me, 'How to be me?' or 'What kind of human am I?' And I always answer you, 'Silly, you don't need to be me. Just be yourself.'" I smile, remembering those time.

"Up above the world so high~" I sing, again. "You always said that I'm the superior, and you're the inferior. I'm always on top, you're always on bottom. But I think the other way around. In comes to our father, you're the superior, I'm just nothing. Nothing, but a thing he once used, then discarded when he found something new," a tear escaped from my eyes again, but I quickly wipe it with my hands. "Sing the next line, dear," I commanded.

"L-like a... D-d-diamond in the s-sky," she sings, stuttering again.

I chuckled, "Don't be scared, my little sister. I won't kill you..."

"...Yet," I chuckle. "Let's go back to our song. To our Dad"s point of view. He both sees us, but I'm just the sky, and you're his star. You shines brighter, and I'm just there at your back."

"I-if t-t-that's the c-case. I w-won't shine... Without your help," she murmured.

"Twinkle twinkle little star," I sings. "I'm the sky. I can be the light, I can be the dark. On the other words, there has a time I'm a good person, and a bad person. Every time I make mistakes, he will just only thinks about you. And I will be left behind," I stated.

"B-but—" I gestured a 'stop'.

"Sing the next line," I ordered.

"How I wonder what you are," she sings.

"Do you remember James Ramirez case? You saw the body first, don't you? And you saw me not so far in the bathroom. You already have the suspicion, but you did shut your mouth. I know starting that day, you ask your self what am I. Did I kill him? How did I do that?" I laughed. "Living angel my ass. He almost rape me! He almost killed me! Is that what you call angel?! And the Ramirez Family. I don't know why you knew many information about them, but I also loathed them. They buy my mom's business, they manipulate things to own some establishments. And they fucking threatened my mother if she doesn't give our business! Is that what you call family full of angels?!" I shouted.

"I... I d-didn't know..." she murmured. I just smirk.

"When the blazing sun is gone," I sing. "I'm the sky, Dad is my sun. He's the reason why I keeping myself in the good side. Then suddenly, he's gone. I don't have any reason to be kind. He left me. I've become the night sky. I've become a bad person. He's the reason why I'm still fighting, yet he's also the reason why I'm on my downfall,"

"When he nothing shines upon," she sings, without my order. "When the time he forgets about you because of his disease, he barely smile. His mind may be forget about you, but his heart doesn't. His day wasn't complete without looking on your picture. He may not wanted to meet you, but he still loves you. He's just feel ashamed because he pushed you that day," she stated, coming back to her normal state.

"Then you show your little light," I sing, unknowingly.

"That day, I started to boost my confidence. I want him to saw me being confident. I want him to saw us having more confidence. I want him to witness us being close again.

"Twinkle, twinkle, all the night," she sings. "I'm shining being a model. And you're shining being the Mysterious Most Rich Person in the World."

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star," I sing. "This is our favorite line ever since. I always telling you to shine by your own. And you succeeded. I congratulate you for that."

"How I wonder what you are," she ended.

I smirk, "Do you want to know who and what am I?" I paused. "I'm the Mysterious Most Rich Person in the World. The owner of MIJ Restaurant, MIJ Book Café, MIJ Book Store, MIJ Publishing House, the creator of Who Will Die online game. And the Mafia Queen who orders people to kill using the Who Will Die Premium," I stated.

I slowly walk to get close to her, but she also started to walk backwards.

"You didn't know that right? Or maybe you knew, but you never believe it. I kill people. And that's the truth. I kill everyone..." I step forward.

"...even you!" I shouted, then stabbed her, but she stopped my hands.

"Let go of my hands!" I shouted.

Instead of answering, she started singing. "T-twinkle twinkle... L-little star."

"Why the fuck are you singing?!" I shouted.

"For you to remember our friendship. I know your plans. You agreed to meet me up for you to succeed your plan, but I still continue staying by your side. By singing our favorite song. Y-you might... You might change your mind," she answered. "How I... wonder... what you are," she continued.

I kick her stomach for her to let go of my hands.

"U-up... Above," she coughs, "t-the world s-so... High," she sings.

I groan, "Stop singing!" I shouted again.

"L-like a... D-diamond in t-the sky."

"Augh! You bitch!" I shouted, then quickly stab her on her shoulder. "I said, stop singing!"

"T-t-twi-twinkle... T-twinkle... L-l-little s-star."

"Augh! Why are don't you stop?!" I shouted, before I pull my pocket knife then stab her again.

"H-h-how... I... W-on... W-wonder... What... Y-you a-are."

"I said stop singing! Our friendship will never coming back! Because on the first place, I didn't treat you as one!!!" I shouted, then pulled the knife and stab her again and again and again.

"W-when... T-t-the b-blazing... S-s-sun... Is... G-gone... I... H-hope... Y-you... W-will... B-back t-to... Y-your m-mind," she said, stammering.

"D-do y-you... R-remember... T-the," she coughed, "t-the n-necklace we" —she cough— "b-bought t-together?"

She took the necklace from her pocket, then gave me.

I stunned.

"I-it's... A-actually... F-for" —she cough— "y-you..." she stated.

I checked the locket. It's still the same. The wooden locket with a sparkling star engrave on it, and the inside it's empty— no. It's not empty. I saw a picture. Picture of us when we graduated in elementary. We're both smiling there, we looked so happy. At the back of the locket, there's a name engraved on it.

Our name.

'Lyka and Lyn'
'L sisters'

That's exactly what's written on it.

"I... A-adore y-you too... M-much... D-don't b-be g-guilty... I... I d-deserve t-this. P-please b-be... B-be h-happy," she stated before she closed her eyes.

©2020 Xiaojientrovert