10

Chapter 10

"What's their connection to James Ramirez? Our batch mate," I ask.

"He's the second child," she answered.

"How did you know about that?" I ask.

"K-know what?" she stammered.

"Know that informations."

"W-what? Ahm... I-it's a-all over the internet. Of course I will know, everyone know," she said.

"But that's too detailed. You even know the confidential information," I added.

"I j-just r-read it somewhere," she look away.

"They won't li—"

Everyone stopped because of the loud bang.

I saw a man laying at the ground. He was shot by someone! I look at everywhere if the killer was still here, but I saw nothing. Even Jayson, the odd man stopped.

He's near the body as if he's supposed to approach that man. Is he the next victim?

He's late for his prediction.

Seconds later, people panicked because of the gun shot.

"Let's go! We might get shot too!" Lyka shouted at me, then pulled me. I just let my feet to follow her.

Everything happened too fast. We heard the police siren and the ambulance siren.

We're about to leave the park when a police car blocks our way.

"You need to come with us," the officer said. And gently push us inside the police car.

He is familiar.

"Wait, what?! We didn't do anything!" Lyka shouted. Even me was on panicked.

They're not accusing us, right?

"We will talk once we arrive the office," he said.

"Shit," I cussed.

Minutes later, we already arrived the police station. I saw some familiar faces inside the office.

Wait. Some of the people at the park earlier was also here!

What's happening?

"Let's go to interrogation room," the officer said.

We all silently follow the officer. Their interrogation room is bigger than usual.

"Good morning," he greeted, then show us hus police ID. "I'm Benedict Varloso from Manila Department, Chief Superintendent. I know you're nervous right now. I deeply apologise for that. We picked you up to ask some questions. I hope you don't mind because you have no choice," the chief officer started.

"I wanted to know why are you there and how often you go there," he asked. "State your full name when answering."

It's funny, because we're like a students having introduce yourself every first day of school.

We answered according to our seats. Everyone answered honestly, or nah? We don't know if they're telling the truth or just lying.

"I'm Lyka Davins. I'm with her, Lyn Collins, my si— bestfriend," she introduced, then look at me for a second. "We decided to waste our time since yesterday since we're on leave right now, and we don't have any plans for awhile."

They all look at me waiting for my answers but I just lifted my left eyebrow.

They don't want me to repeat what did Lyka said, right?

The chief officer cleared his throat, then nodded.

"So far, we didn't sense something suspicious from you. You're very honest," he started.

"How did you know that everyone was telling the truth?" I ask.

He looks at me, smirking, "Why? Are you lying?"

I chuckle, "Are you kidding me? I didn't say anything earlier, idiot," I said and whispered tge last word.

He just rolled his eyes on me. What a gay.

"We have here Mr. Jerald Sisracon also from  Manila Department, Police Captain. Aside from being relied on to maximize citizen involvement in community policing, make smart hires and promotions, represent the department in the community and local government and to step in when situations become critical or when the department requires a pinch hitter. He's also responsible during this kind of interrogations. He can tell if someone was telling the truth or another way around," he explained.

How sure are they that his loyalty was into them?

I wanted to ask that question, but I decided not to. I might get accused of being the killer or worst. The mastermind.

But who knows? Smirks.

"We all know about Jayson Azazel. Also known as Jayson the Cruel Business Man before, and now, Jayson the Odd Man because of his weird predictions," he stated. "We finally decided to prison him or admitted him into Mental Institution later afternoon."

"Why now? Why not 5 years ago?" Danilo asks, one of the witnesses at the park earlier.

"It's because we don't have enough evidence and he's not putting others life in danger before," he answered.

"Then how can you explain the Ramirez family case?" Lyka stated."We also lack information about it. We don't have any suspect that time because they're a perfect family. We didn't know why they're whole family was there when the celebration will start at midnight. We didn't know what happened inside their mansion since we lost contacts from the Ramirez survivor. They don't have any enemies. We cleared their case as an accident," he answered.

I look at Lyka's position. She said that the information inside the Ramirez house was all over the internet. But the chief said, they lack information into that case.

Who among them are telling the truth? Who among then was lying?

"But he's not on fault. He's just telling his predictions," Danilo stated.

"Just like what you just said. Predictions. It's supposed to be a half-half situation. But it ends up being killed. Is it concidence? Or a plan?" the Superintendent answered.

"How can we help you?" Walter asks, one of witnesses at the park earlier.

"You witnessed the crime earlier. And from what you answer earlier, you knew a lot of information about Jayson. I can also sense you will be a big help on our plan," he answered.

"So, the plan is?" Minettka asks, one of the witnesses at the park. That makes me forget about the confidential information of the Ramirez Family.

He stopped for awhile and gave us a gaze one by one.

"Here's the plan."

Dedicated to: Herosi Yah
©2020 Xiaojientrovert