Chapter 3

"Lyn, here!" she shouted. "I found your favorite book!"

I know what you're thinking. Yes. I trust her. If I will really die tomorrow... Then, okay. I'll just accept it. She didn't do anything. It is not like she was the one who's going to kill me. Or order someone to kill me. I don't think she can do that.

We're in the bookstore. She said she wanted to bond with me, so I agreed to her. And for the exchange of being hesitant earlier. I'm not in the right mind, that's why I think like that.

But, it didn't change the fact that I didn't trust her. I'm distant to her before, but its not a valid reason since we've been together for twenty-two years.

"It's complete. Love Goes Series 1 to 5," she said, then handed me the book I've been dying to buy.

"I don't know why you love that book very much. The story is not good. It's written in English, but mostly, Tagalog. So I barely understand that. Besides, that books only have a lot of reads because of the series portrayers. Poor them because they have this kind of story," she commented, more likely an insult.

"You don't have the right to judge the book. We have different taste in books. And duh! This series contains my favorite profession. Gamer, Costplayer, Music Producer, Singer, Dancer, Artist, Chef, an—"

"Don't tell me you also want to be a dishwasher, cashier, waiter, janitor, and such?!" she exclaimed, and gave me a judging look.

"What? I want to experience something new, something thrilled," I said, mimicking her voice and what she said earlier.

"Are you trying to annoy me?" she said.

"Why? Is it effective?" I smirk, and she frowned. "Besides, it still a decent job."

"You can't have high salaries in that jobs," she groaned.

"I want the experience, not the salary I'll receive."

"Fine. I'm sorry. I'll ne— wait. Why are we fighting over this kind of stuff? It's not like you'll really apply those jobs."

"Ask yourself," I said, then rolled my eyes. I left her behind, then go to the cashier to pay these books.

"You're done?" she asks.

"Yes."

"Then let's go!"

"To where?" I ask. "Wait, don't tell me..."

"Of course no, silly!" she exclaimed. "Let's go, clubbing!" she shouted, and I sigh in relief.

I thought... Err whatever.

But...

"Club? In the morning?! Are you nuts?!" I shouted.

"Fine!" she rolled her eyes. "Let's go, shopping," she added.

"For what?" I ask.

"For my future pa— right. Let's just do window shopping."

She must be realized our situation right now. Haist! This is frustrating!

We've been walking for 4 hours straight, trying some accessories, shoes, or wearing some dress.

She even forced me to try some dress, which is I refused because I'm not into dresses. But, she threatens me, saying she'll undress me by forced.

She's crazy.

I also starting to feel my feet getting numb, and I'm also hungry.

"Are you tired yet? Or hungry? We've been walking for four hours," I complained.

"Last one. I saw some old accessories there, I think yo— I mean... She'll like it," she informed.

"Fine. But, please, be fast. I'm hungry."

"Alright!"

She started walking, so do I. We have reached our destination just for five minutes of walking. It's an ancient store like what she was saying earlier.

I'm not really into ancient nor old things. It's just that... It's because of my outfit. I always wear a loose shirt, leggings, and converse.

But being her feels like home. I felt like I'm back to  old times.

The smell of old things.

Hmm...

"Can I live here?" I ask unknowingly.

I heard someone's laugh that makes blushed.

Should I be thankful because they don't have any costumers right now, except us?

"Silly! Of course not," she snorted. "Just like what I expect to happen," she said, then laughed.

Can the ground eat me?

"Nevermind. Look at this," she said. then gave me a necklace.

It's a round necklace made of wood. Its size is not too small, not to big. It's the same size with... Maybe the mouth of a shotglass? There's a sparkling star engrave on it. And wait...

"It's a locket!" I gasped.

"Yes! I knew it! you'll like it," she said, smiling.

"Actually, no," I commented.

"Y-you don't like it?" she asks like she cannot believe in what word came out from my mouth.

"Yeah, I don't like it," I repeated.

"W-well... Y-you can look fo—"

"But, maybe the person will receive that present will like it."

"What's with you? It's not like I'm the one who will receive the present," I said, confused.

"O-oh! R-right!" she gave me an awkward laugh. "I f-forgot. I just thought... Ahmm. I t-think you will have the s-same reaction with t-that person since you both like things like this," she explained. "But it's okay! That person might like this, right?" she asks, full of hope.

I don't want to ruin her mood, "Absolutely," I answered. With that, her mood lights up.

She's moody.

"Great!"

She immediately runned in to the cashier to pay the locket.

"What a childish," I just whispered, then sighed. "Though she's cute," I said. I felt the corner of my lips rise.

"Let's go! I thought you're hungry?" she shouted.

"Coming! No need to shout!" I shouted back.

"But, you're also shouting!"

"Right!" I exclaimed in low tone. I just shake my head and run our distance.

"Let's go. You're treat."

"But—"

"No buts. You make me walk for five hours, I deserve a treat, don't you think?" I said, then smirks. She just tsked.

"But... From how you reacted earlier..." I paused, I'm hesitant to continue, but arghh my curiosity was eating me. Nevermind. "W-why does my opinion important to you?" I finally ask.

"Well, just like what I've said earlier. You both like lockets," she said. I just nod my head.

I think it already answered my curiosity.
"Or let's just say..." she started that caught my attention.

"The person who will receive this gift is important to me. I'm a failure to that person, but I still love that person. That person is precious to me, and I can risk my life, if that's what can make that person happy."

Dedicated to: Hyleen De Guzman

©2020 Xiaojientrovert