Chapter 5

"Why are you looking like that to me?" she laughed. That makes me back in my mind.

"Oh! Sorry. I'm just thinking something..." I mumbled.

"Okay," she said, then seconds later, she gasped. "Don't tell me you're already falling for me?!"

"The fuck?! Yes, I'm distant, especially to boys. I'm also not against to LGBTQIA+, but heck! I'm straight!" I exclaimed.

"I'm just kidding, geez. No need to shout," she winced. I just rolled my eyes on her.

She's about to say something when her phone alarm.

"It's time!" she exclaims in excitement.

"Time for what?" I ask.

"It's nearly night!" she said while smiling.

"What's with tonight?" I ask but then realized something. "Oh, no! Definitely, no!"

"Oh, yes! Definitely, yes!" she said, mimicking me. "It's time for something new, something thrilled!" she exclaims, then giggles.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have her address," I said, then smirks.

She also gave me a smirk that makes me lost my smirk, "Sorry to disappoint you too, but we don't need that. We will follow her."

"How? She's not here."

"Well..." she gave me an apologetic smile. "Actually, I lied," she said, then look away.

"Lied? What did you lie?"

"I'm not really craving for stew," she almost whispered.

"What?"

So, all this time, I'm just the one who's craving for it? Don't tell me...

"Yes. I followed her. We followed her. Actually, she's next to our room," she said.

I frowned, "Fine. But don't expect me to come with you," I said.

"For sure, you will. There she is!" she exclaimed, then point my back. "Let's go!" she shouted, then pull me.

"I wo—"

"Please..." she pleased and gave me a puppy eyes.

Oh, no! I won't fall for it. S-she's not that cute. She looks like ahmm...
Aishhh!

"Fine! J-just d-don't look at me like that!" I shouted.

"Great!"

"Gosh! I'm tired. Can't she use a taxi or a cab? Why is she walking in the middle of darkness?! She can risk her life even more, and also our life might be at risk!" I complaint.

"Lower your voice!" she shouted in low tone. "She might hear you!"

"Of course, she will hear me. She have her ears, duh!" I said, then rolled my eyes.

She sighs, "Just be quiet."

"Just be quiet," I mimicked her voice.

I tsked, "Why am I even here?"

"You know, I think it's better if you just keep you mouth shut like you always do. We might risk our life even more because of your mouth! I really doubt it you being an introvert, geez!" she commented.

"I'm tired, for pete's sake! She's not even our business," I complained.

"Stop complaining, and just follow me!"

Oops! She's mad.

"Are you m—"

"Oh, shit!" she cursed, then pulled me to hide.

"Why are we hiding?" I ask. But she didn't pay attention to me. She's just looking at someone. I look at the place where she's looking at, and there I saw a man.

I notice first his very masculine body. He's tall, I think 7'10? He has a fixed jaw, a perfect brush back hairstyle. It's dark, I can't see his face. But his reflection say it all. He's gorgeous.

"Is that your crush?" I asks.

"Yes— no!" she shouted when she realized what word came out from her mouth.

"Why? From his shadow, I can say he's gorgeous. A a greek god indeed. Don't be denial," I commented.

"Fine, I have a crush on him," she confessed. "Slight?" she added.

"You're not sure," I said.

"Yeah. But he is Mark!" she exclaimed.

My forehead knotted, "Mark, who?"

"Mark! Mark the Almighty!"

"Still not ring the bell," I said.

"Mark Nicolas! Oh my gosh! Why am I even putting effort to give names for you to know him. For sure you didn't know him. You're stuck inside you room." she said in annoyance. I just shrugged.

"But what's special to him?"

"He is dangerous."

I'm waiting for other words, but that's all she said.

"How did he became dangerous?"

"There has a rumor that he is a gangster, a mafia boss, assassin, or a killer. I don't exactly know who he was. And what he's doing," she explained.

A mysterious man, eh?

"Then, how come you even like him?"

"Just like what you have said earlier. He's a greek god. Lots of women like him, but not even dared to talk to him. Because he is dangerous. He can kill you in a glimpse," she said.

Imagine. You're trying to confess your feelings to him, but he didn't like you even a bit, so he just stab you exactly where your heart located.

I shrugged from that thought.

"As I remember, you called him 'Mark, the Almighty', how did he became almighty?" I ask again.

"Because... He is handsome? Gorgeous? Jaw-dropping? An angel sent from above? A greek god?"

"What really?"

"He has the power to have your heart."

I look at Mark's position again. He is that handsome, huh?

I weakened when our eyes met. He's looking at our direction! He saw us!

My heart almost skip its beat when he looks at Lyka, then gave me a smirk.

I look at Lyka's position, and she's also looking at me. She saw it!

I almost hear the loud pound of my heart. I hope we're not thinking the same

Dedicated to: Gwen Weng
©2020 Xiaojientrovert