Chapter 9

She still didn't realize what's happening.

"But I doubt it. He's not killing bad people. He's killing innocent people. Remember our batch mate, James? He's too kind. He's a living angel," she stated.

Living angel my ass.

"That's the reason why she still not realizing what's happening," I whispered and sighed.

"Do you want to hear the story why I still doubting he's a hero?" she asks.

"Spill."

"There's Ramirez Family. They're too kind. Their family is like a cult of angels. It's funny because their name inspired by angels. Angelo, Angeline, Angela, Angelou, Angelus, Angelee. Aside from that, they also have the beauty like an angel, they also have an attitude like an angel. They're too kind to be true. Too polite to die," she said, then look down.

"They're the top 2 Most Richest Family in the World. They don't have any enemies, nor any bad issues. Their name is so clean. Their bank is known all over the world because of the best quality. This institution provides credit cards and loans, financing for businesses, and money management services for companies and high net worth individuals.

"Their beauty products has also excellent quality and quantity. It's become the Most Recommended Beauty Products. Their beauty products have the most potent antiaging. Ingredients in these serums and creams do have well-established benefits, some of which may translate to a youthful complexion for some people. If you want to manage fine lines and wrinkles, for instance, you might want something that hydrates and moisturizes, which can make the skin look more plump. And products that gently exfoliate the skin will help reduce several different signs of aging, including texture and pigmentation issues, as well as manage acne," she added.

"Their restaurant also reached the top for having the Most Delicious Meal and the Most Recommended Restaurant. They also have the Most Prestigious University all over the world. That's why they also been known as the Most Kindest and Respectful Family all over the world. They're also famous because of the charity events they attended. They didn't miss one of charities. Many people idolized them because of that. And I proudly say that I'm one in a million who idolize they're family," she said with a smile.

"But then, a tragedy happened," she stopped and I saw her hand clenched. I can sense how mad she is right now. "The charity once happened here. It's very lively. The decorations was colorful. The events started and ended well. Many people congratulate them for having a successful charity again.

"Not until Jayson approach them. He keeps on saying they're family will die next month while celebrating. Just like what people reacts on James, our batch mate. They thought he's just kidding. They are the second victim, by the way," she said.

"They continued their normal life like their life is not in danger. Months pass and they celebrated another achievement. They launched their first ever hotel. They top the Most Recommended Hotel just for a week. That's not even surprising, but the people still congratulate them. They decided to celebrate their new achieve at midnight. But the tragedy started that night."

I saw her jaw clenched to stop her tears from falling. But she didn't succeed.

"T-t-their h-house went o-on fire... T-their w-whole... Their w-whole f-family was i-inside their mansion... T-they a-advance t-their... Their c-celebration and... O-only their family was i-invited, T-their a-also... T-talking a-about... T-the n-next h-heir... O-of t-their c-company," she sniffed.

"T-they p-panicked w-when t-t-they s-smelled something burning. T-they d-de-decided... T-to g-go... T-to g-go outside, but t-they're l-late. T-their w-whole h-house w-was... a-already c-covered in f-f-fire... T-they t-tried t-to f-find t-the f-fire e-extinguisher... B-but t-they c-can't f-find it... So M-mister R-ramirez... K-keeps o-on p-pu-pushing h-his f-family o-outside. B-but o-only one... T-two or f-f-four survived. M-missis R-ramirez, M-mister R-r-ramirez, A-angelo, t-their first child, A-angeline, t-the y-youngest c-child, left i-inside the house...

"A-and the... T-the stupid firetruck c-coame l-late. T-they d-died i-inside t-their h-house, b-burning. W-while t-thinking h-how t-they suffered i-inside, I... I can't h-help, b-but to cry... T-they d-don't d-d-deserve it... T-they don't deserve to die."

I just let my tears fall in my cheeks while listening her story. My heart was aching. Millions of knife stabbing my heart. Besides from that... I feel...

I feel guilty.

Dedicated to: Herosi Yah
©2020 Xiaojientrovert