11

Chapter 11

Everything seems normal. People walking at the park. Families having a picnic near the fountain. Circle of friends laughing at each other. Some couples cuddling. And some people enjoying their time being alone.

Everything was very normal. But we all know that it doesn't.

We look at each other's eyes waiting for a direct orders. Danilo, Nickel, Minettka, Walter, Hannah, Timothy, Lyka,and I. The civilians who brings by the police at the police station to be interogate. Mr. Benedict Varloso, the Chief Superintendent. Mr. Jirald Sisracon, the Police Captain. And 13 police officers disguises as a civilian.

They planned this well. And they hope it will be successful. The Superintendent ordered Nickel, Timothy, Lyka and I was ordered to take over the announcement for a mini game and give away some flyers as an alibi. Danilo, Hannah, Minettka and Walter to encourage people to leave here at the park and bring them at the nearest open field.

"Begin," the Superintendent stated on our earpiece.

We look again at each other for the last time, then nodded in unison.

"Attention, everyone! We're encourage you to join our mini game for free at the Open field. We prepare a gifts for our game. Families, friends, couples, and singles are allowed to join! No restriction of age nor a gender. This is not a scam! We're not bring any harm to you if that's what you're thinking. You just need to get a flyer as a ticket. So what are you waiting for? Join now!" Nickel announced.

It seems successful because many people come to our position to get some flyers.

"Attention, everyone! We're encourage you to join our mini game for free at the Open field. We prepare a gifts for our game. Families, friends, couples, and singles are allowed to join! No restriction of age nor a gender. This is not a scam! We're not bring any harm to you if that's what you're thinking. You just need to get a flyer as a ticket. So what are you waiting for? Join now!" Lyka repeated.

They're using a megaphone to prevent their throats from aching.

Minutes later, we successfully move out the people.

Mission Accomplished!

We're about too follow them when we heard Jayson's voice.

"You will die here at the park because of what you did," he said, looking on the police officers.

"In three... Two... One," he count down.

I heard the loud pound of my heart. It's beating too fast! It's like a horses having a race. I almost stop breathing when he reached the number one. Only our breathing and our hearts pound can hear.

We're all waiting for what's going next. But nothing happened.

His laughed surpassed the silence, "FOOLS!" he shouted and continue laughing.

We all sigh because of annoyance.

"That's enough! You already need to be admitted at the Mental Institution," the Superintendent stated.

"Do you think it will just end here?" the odd man asks, he chuckled. "You won't survive!"

As on cue, the gun bullets was everywhere. 9nly the gun shot can hear from everywhere.

"Fucking shit!" I cussed. I pulled Lyka's hand and try to stay away from this chaos.

"Wait! What about them?!" she panicked.

"Just save your life, dimwit! You're in danger! We're in danger! Focus on how to survive!"

"B-but..."

"No buts! Let's go!" I shouted, then pulled her hands again.

We keep on running until we reached my house.

"Let go of my hands!" she shouted, then pull her hands back.

I gasped, "W-what?"

"You're selfish! Too damn selfish!" she shouted.

"W-what? I... I s-saved your life. I s-saved y-you from danger," I murmured.

"Yes you save me, but how about those people we left there?! Huh?! Tell me! What about them!" she shouted. "Did you saw how they're body fall?! Did you saw how they covered on their own blood?! You're selfish! We need to go back there!" she shouted and supposed to turn her back on me.

"No! And what? You'll act as a fucking hero?! What are we? A hero?! We're also human! We need to save our lives in order to live! We need to hide to save ourselves! And you will call me selfish?! Damn it!" I shouted.

"Because you're coward! You're a fucking coward!" she shouted back.

"THEN GO BACK THERE! GO KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF! GO BE A FUCKING HERO! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN SAVE THEM? HUH?! WHO ARE YOU?! WONDER WOMAN?! YOU ARE LYKA DAVINS! A FREELANCE MODEL, NOT A FUCKING HERO! YOU GET THAT?!"

A shit! This girl is a pain in the ass.

"I... I j-just w-wanted to help," she sobbed.

I sighed. I walked our distance then hugged her, "If you wanted to help, just follow my orders. Don't be stubborn," I said calmly.

"I'm very sorry... I-if I j-just c-can pay you in... I-in exchange of being stubborn. I w-will," she said.

"Anything?" I ask.

"Anything." she confirmed.

I smirk because of her answer. And I grin when I heard the wall clock rings.

"It's time."

Dedicated to: Charmaine M Matias
©2020 Xiaojientrovert