CMP_03

REVELATIONS

Amara looked towards the restaurant entrance at the gorgeous woman who had just walked in and marveled at her beauty. She wondered if she was mixed or even black as she looked more Indian than black.

'' Sorry I'm late. There was an accident on my way here and the traffic was chaotic, as you would imagine. I'm sorry I'm blabbering, I'm Akilah.''

'' I'm Amara.''

The waiter came over to them and they ordered drinks as another person joined their table of four. Amara firgured that she was her friend or older sister.

'' This is my mother inlaw Sofia, I hope you don't mind her joining us?''

'' Wow, I thought she was a friend.."

" How sweet, thank you for the compliment."

" Your welcome and the more the merrier. It's always nice to have an idea on what the couple and those closest to them want or picture for this wedding. It makes planning easier. I would also like to know what your husband wants too?.''

'' He got held up in his office but he will be here in a few minutes. We can order and get started though.''

They shared ideas for the destination wedding while they ate lunch even though they had not hired her yet. They could not confirm on anything since the husband was yet to join them and wanted to be involved in the decision-making. Amara's contract also needed both their signatures.

'' Now I hope this will influence you to hire me... I got the venue you wanted that's overlooking the beach for your wedding day.''

'' You're kidding! How!? They said they were overbooked and we could only get the venue next year.''

''Well, let's just say I know people who know people.''

''Oh my gosh, you're amazing and hired. I wish my husband was here so we could sign the contract and officially hire you.''

They continued sharing ideas. Her and her mother-in-law enjoyed how the planner involved both of them in this wedding. She knew how to make them feel that they were both equally important and made sure to make the bride to be feel that this was her day and she was the most important person on that day.

'' My son better get here before I sign the contract on his behalf. You know if we had found you way before today.  You two would be away on your honeymoon right now. ''

'' Well I believe that everything happens in God's timing. You needed to go through all those planners to find me. Can I be excused, I need to use the toilet.''

She did a little victory dance before reliving herself and quickly heading back to the table where her guests, with now the fiance present, awaited her.

'' Amara this is my fiance Tor.''

Amara could not believe her eyes when she looked at him. The man she was with just two days ago, the father of her kids and the reason she moved here was her client's fiance,how?. Tor also looked shocked at seeing her.

'' I_ uhm_ I_ I have to go. Emergency. Sorry.''

She quickly ran out of the restaurant while  a confused Sofia and Akilah called for her. She ran out holding back her tears with her heart hurting at the sudden revelation. So many questions ran through her mind.