CMP_043

SHOOTOUT

For his own peace of mind and to calm this nagging feeling of doom he had in the pit of his stomach he had decided to drive with his family to the airport. With the escort of his security men while a few stayed behind to guard the house. As they were driven sway he noticed a car following them but dismissed it as part of the security because it was the same color and model. Forgetting that the head of  security had informed that they will only be leaving with only three cars. The would be in the first one then two cars would be tailing them. Without any incident he dropped her and the kids off at the airport. After tearful goodbyes he left when he was sure they were on the plane.

" Sir there was a car tailing us on our way here-"

" I noticed it but thought it was one of your men."

" No sir we had two official cars tailing us, the third one was an unofficial car. If you noticed only two of our cars dropped your family off."

" Meant to ask you what happened to the other car or cars since I thought you had decided on three cars."

" Well the third car had to attend to our uninvited guest. They tried to stop them but as soon as they saw we had noticed them they sped off. My men pursued them but lost them."

That feeling worsened but now he knew who was the cause and he did not like it. He hated that Amara was on the plane and he could not get hold of her to confirm her safety. He wondered how Akilah found out about where he lived and immediately thought of Akon.

" Nah he wouldn't. "

" Sir they're back."

As soon as he said that they were thrust forward when a utility car rammed into the back of them. Luckily they both had their seatbelts on. He looked back trying to find the other security car but they were the only two cars since it was late at night. From what he could see they were about thirty minutes away from his home or less since Daniel, the head of his security was driving at high speed.

" Where are the traffic cops when you need them."

He sighed just as the car caught up and rammed into them once again.

" Sir get down."

" What?"

" Get down!"

The sound of the windshield shattering made him do as told though he was still confused as to what was happening but when the two guys in the backseat of the car began firing back he understood why he had to go down. He had never heard the sound of gunshot and he almost shat himself as he crouched in his seat for the duration of the drive. The gate was closed and locked as soon as they got in. Shielded he was hurried into his home but not before the house was searched.

" It's unnecessary. The house is well guarded for anyone to sneak in."

" We can't take any chances sir but everything looks clear and the shooters left as soon as we got in. If there's anything you can call the front gate. I have to head down to the local police station. Goodnight."

" Goodnight."