CMP_051

CODICIL

While the babysitter stayed behind with her son and the twins were in preschool, she decided to go shopping for a few house items. It was their anniversary and she planned on cooking him his favorite traditional meal. While shopping she was distracted by her engagement ring as it flashed from the grocery store light while she tried to grab a cereal box from the third top shelf. Who knew that in a year she would be happy and preparing herself to be somebody's wife. When she practically ran away she did not know what the future held for her and her children or where she was headed to or what she was going to do there but The Powers that be seemed to have everything figured out for her. It's true what they say about the plans God has for you.

" Oh!, sorry."

She apologized when she accidentally turned into an elderly woman. Who apologized back but kept moving.  If it was any other day she would have stopped the woman to check if she was fine but today she was in a hurry to get home to cook for her children then her fiancé and for the first time in months she was not worried about her surroundings. She had been extra careful or some might say paranoid ever since she was attacked. She stood on her tippy toes again in the next isle as she reached for the top shelf.

"Huh!"

She gasped when she felt someone touch her waist on the left side. Her body then froze when she saw an all familiar hand take the can from the shelf and envelope her hand simultaneously. She tried to pull back her hand but he squeezed it into the can. It hurt but she did not scream because she did not want to bring attention to herself. Being that she moved to a small town, everybody knew who she was and it did not help that her fiance was well known in this town and most of the country. Another gasp left her throat when the hand on her waist pulled her back onto his crotch while his fingers dug deeper into her skin.

"Y_y_you are hurting me."

She pleaded but he showed her no mercy. Just by his shallow breathing she knew he was angry. After months of being careful, the one day she lets her guard down he finds her. She wanted to run but as she checked the exists she noticed men in black standing at the end of opposite sides of the isle.

" Do you know how long I have searched for you?! For fourteen fucking months! Fourteen months Amara you've kept my children away from me!"

" You weren't protecting us, so-"

" I was doing everything in my power to protect you and if you would have stayed a bit longer, you could have seen that-"

" I am sorry but I was afraid for our childr-"

She hissed in pain as his nails dug deeper into her waist. One of the men in black suits walk towards them but he glared at him, stopping in his tracks.

" So you decided to keep them away from me."

" Yes because unlike you I was not about to make the same mistake again."

" How has that worked out for you?"