CMP_028

OVERREACTING

" In the dream I am the one who sets the house on fire but the problem is I don't look like me. Have you ever had such a dream, where you recognize  the person but they don't look like the person you're seeing?"

" Nope. Who did they look like?"

" Akilah."

" So you saw Akilah kill your family?"

" Yes and it scared me."

" That's one scary dream to have, did you tell Amara?"

" I told her and she said it was just a dream and I shouldn't worry about it. The thing that brings me confort is that they live in a gated community and there's like a zero point five percent chance of that happening. It still doesn't take this nagging feeling away. "

Since the dream,four days ago, he had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. He wish he knew how to stop the feeling or what to look out for but he was powerless. That's why he needed to talk to James for advice, since he could not go to his mother for that.

" I'm no dream teller or whatever they're called but I think your dream is definitely about Akilah and her real hatred for your family. This is a warning to you-"

" What are you trying to say man?"

He's tone was aggressive and defensive but his cousin did not care, Tor was running away from the truth and he was going to do all it took to show him who the enemy really was.

" I'm not trying to say anything but be very careful. You know that what happened with the bleach was no accident."

" James I warned you the last time about making such accusations about my wife! I know you don't like her but you know she wouldn't do that."

" I know she's a woman scorned and I know she would do anything to keep you with her and I also know that your mother would do anything for you. I wouldn't be surprised if you were having a nightmare about the both of them."

" No bro you've gone too far now. I know you and my mother don't see eye to eye but she's still your aunt-"

" Why do you think that is?! You asked for advice and that's I'm going to give you. You can refuse to listen to me but know that if anything happens to your real family, it will be your fault."

James never sugar coated anything and he left his cousin in deep thought but he still refused to believe that the two most important women in his life could harm anyone. Thinking about his wife's and mother's lack of interest in how Tafari was doing since the incident, he wondered if there was not some truth in what he had said.

" Nah it can't be. James is wrong."

A call came through from the twins school while he was in a meeting, he needed to pick them up because Tafari was sick and they could not get through to Amara.

" What are you doing here?"

" I was called to pick up my son since you couldn't care to answer your phone."

" Don't give me that. I had an urgent checkup for your other son."

" Is everything okay?"

" Like you care."

Tor was tired of both women's accusations.