CMP_018

VISIT

'' Hello grandma.''

Amara sat down on her grandmother's grave after she had removed weeds and put new flowers on it. She never believed in talking to dead people until her grandmother died and needed somebody to confide in when she was troubled. Her mother cared nothing about her, she cared only for men and drugs. Her sister was also out of the question. The first time she came to talk to her grandmother she felt at ease and relieved. Hence she came today to release the burden on her shoulders.

'' Can you believe my dumb ass got pregnant by Tor again?."

She smiled.

'' If you were here right now, I know you would smack me for cussing and being stupid as to spread my legs for a married man. When you used to preach to me to keep my skirt down and my legs closed......"

She sniffed wiping her tears away with the sleeve of her shirt. She had driven all the way back to her home town because she needed somebody to talk to as she had nobody. Sje needed to vent without judgement.Her friends did not understand what she was going through or how she could fall pregnant again after knowing who the real Tor was. They had perfect life and she just kept messing hers up.

''You would be so dissapointed in me. You're probably are watching me shaking your head but I really loved him grandma and I still do. I wish I could just turn the feelings off. Everyday I wait hoping that he will come knocking on my door to tell me he has made a mistake.....''

She chuckled again shaking her head.

''.....I'm so pathetic. What right man in his mind would leave his wife of many years for some girl. I'm trying hard not to feel sorry for myself but some days are just hard. I'm sorry grandma for coming to you with this nonsense, for disturbing your rest. I'll try come again soon but you know I now live three hours away..... I love you.''

She took one last look at her grandmother's grave before getting back into her car. Her phone was turned off because she did not want any disturbances and as soon as she got into the car she turned it on. Only to be bombarded by messages and missed calls, mostly from Tor and some from her friends and assistant.  She dialed Tor's number worried and as soon as he answered her life came crashing down.

'' You'll be of no use to your kids if you're hurt Amara.''

She said to herself  in an attempt  to calm herself. As she was driving at a hundred in a sixty mile zone. Two and a half hours later she was jumping out of the car and heading to the paediatric wing of the hospital. Due to the twins monthly checkups she knew the pediatric department well.

'' Where is he? Where is my son?!''

'' The doctor's are with him right now giving him fluids and treatment to flush his system out.''

'' Where did he get bleach and weren't you supposed to be watching them?''

'' That's what I'd like to know too.''

A lady walked up to them and introduced herself as a social worker. Due to protocol she was informed of her son's incident.