CMP_030

COUNTERFEIT

Amara watched on tearfully as both her twins lay in a hospital bed with tubes going through them. The each were on oxygen with central venous lines inserted into the underarms since the doctors had a hard time finding veins due to that they had collapsed because of dehydration. They had the vital data monitor strapped to them too but to her it seemed like they had too many tubes in them. She had never been to hospital so many times in their three years of existence and she was exhausted.

" That was the school apparently none of the children have had any food poisoning symptoms. So it was nothing they had at school."

" Then whatever they had at your house last night caused this."

" Amara we're not doing that again. Akilah would never do anything to harm the twins."

" I wasn't even accusing her of anything but you mentioning her, tells me that you do believe that your wife could harm them-"

" I don't believe that. You're reaching. I just reacted from what you said about her the last time we were here."

Amara kissed her teeth and wiped drool from her son's cheek. Tafari was the worst affected by this since he fell ill first. With diarrhoea, vomitting and a high fever. Only for Sadie to experience the same symptoms soon after they left the school.

" Whatever but this is why I didn't want my kids going over to your house but you had to beg and plead. Now they're laying in a hospital bed when they should be at home."

She said regretfully.

" Are you implying that I'm not taking care of my children?"

" I don't know what you're doing but they're no longer spending even a day in your home."

The nurse walked in to check on their fluids and the subject was abandoned for that moment.

" Miss Amara about the lodger bed, we unfortunately have one bed left. I'm really sorry, you'll have to share."

While he was away, Amara had inquired if they could have another bed brought into their children's room because she did not want to share a bed with Tor.

" We'll figure something out, thank you."

He replied before she could. The nurse quickly left due to the tension in the room.

" Why did you want another bed? That bed is big enough for the both of us?"

" I do not want to share a bed with you."

" Why?"

Someone barged into the room before she could reply and her anger rose upon realisation of who it was.

" What the hell are you doing in here?!"

" I came to support my husband as his wife."

" There was no need for you to come barging in here, you could do that supporting out there. I don't want you anywhere near my kids."

" Why? You can possibly still think I will harm your kids. The social wor-"

" I don't care what she said! I know you deliberately gave my child bleach-"

" I would never do anything to hurt a child! Especially those bastard chil_"

" What did you just say?"

When she realized what she had said it was too late. Tor pushed her out while Amara went back to watching the twins. She did not care for him or his wife and hoped they could both leave.