CMP_041

CLEARLY

It had been two weeks since her discharge and she was enjoying her stay with Tor as he was a hands on father who helped her out a lot with their son and the twins. He did everything except breastfeed him and she figured she could live like this forever. The twins were still with them and Akon had spent the previous week with them. She loved  how he too was loving towards her children. It was his first day back at work and he had made sure to find her somebody to help her and made sure she wanted for nothing. Hence she did not think anything about the knock on the front door.

" You! What the _ I mean is my son home?"

Amara stood there frozen from fear, this was the woman who tried to kill her and her children with her daughter in-law.  She was about to slam the door when her twins came running infront of her, questioning who was at the front door. Both women looked inbetween her legs.

" Oh my_ you two look so much like your father."

" They are his kids after all."

" She__ lied to me."

She did not need to ask who she was referring to, as she already knew she was talking about Akilah. The twins waved at the old woman they had never met before, while clinging onto their mother's legs.

" Amara I am sorry for everything."

" It's a little too late for your sorry don't you think?."

"I was fooled by Akilah and believed everything she said about you and your children. I know I shouldn't have taken her word for it but I was being a worried mother and mother-in-law."

" You refused to believe your son  even when he explained everything to you."

" I projected my past with his father onto him and believed he was protecting his side woman."

" I am sorry your husband cheated but I would never do Tor like that."

"Maybe if I had known them or that Akon wasn't biologically his I-"

" You never wanted to meet my kids and that's all on you....."

She did not know where she got her courage but she was going to get a few things off her chest.

" As for Akon, he loves that child and does not care if he is his or not and probably thought if he told you different, you would treat him different. Now he's not home now but I'll be sure to tell him you came by."

" Can you convince him to hear me out. I know he's mad at me and has every right too but but__"

His mother looked away and when she looked back at her her eyes were sparkly with tears.

" I shouldn't be telling you this but I'm dying.... I have cervical cancer and it's advanced. I know he's angry with me but I don't want to leave this earth without making things right with him and maybe you."

" I'll let him know."

She was not aware that mother and son where not on good terms but she understood why. Amara felt sorry for her but still did not trust her and hence the reason she did not let her in. Glad now that she knew Tor would not be happy about her coming over.