CMP_036

FEELINGS

" I'm really sorry Amara."

"I don't want your sorry. Where the hell is my child Tor?!"

" Baby calm down and listen."

" You know what if you won't tell me, I'll just go find them myself."

He quickly stood up and blocked her from getting off the hospital bed. She had her legs over the side of the bed and had removed the blankets. Amara's face was swollen and bruised. Her lips were busted since she was more concerned about protecting her baby than her face. The nurses had cleaned and covered most of the wounds on her face and body.

" The doctor said you're not to leave this bed."

" I want to see my son."

" Our son is the neonatal intensive care unit...."

He took in a deep breath to calm his emotions, it was hard not tearing up when thinking about his son. The guilt was eating him up inside, all this was indirectly his fault.

" When you got here he's heartbeat was weak and you had to be rushed into the surgery for an emergency cesarean section. Since they could not give you treatment in time to prepare him for the early arrival, he had to be intubated and rushed out. He flatlined on his way there but luckily they were able to revive him and his currently on a ventilator."

Amara looked at him with watery eyes, all she could see was Akilah beating her up infront of the store and immediately attacked him. A tearful Tor allowed her, as he knew who had done this to their family. He too knew it was her since no one had a reason to hurt Amara. Plus Amara kept pleading with his wife in her dreams.

" This is all your fault."

"I'm sorry Amara."

" I wouldn't have been here if I'd never met you. I wish I never met you."

" I know you don't mean-"

" I mean it! Ever since we came here all you and your family have brought me is pain and heartache. Now my innocent child is fighting for his life. I hate you Tor. I hate you!"

" I promise to make it right. "

Due to the noise coming from her room the nurses rushed in to check what was happening and because he was upsetting her, they asked him to leave till she calmed down.

" When can I see my son?"

He asked the nurse who was assessing Amara. Since he had been born he had not seen his son because the pediatrician wanted to stabilize him first and make sure he could receive visitors before allowing.

" I'll-"

" You're not seeing my son! So you can finish what your wife started, no!"

" Amara I understand that-"

" You don't understand shit. Nurse he can't see my baby please."

" Isn't he the father?"

The nurse asked while Tor protested behind her.

" No, I mean yes he is the father but you don't understand he and his wife _ and before you judge me I didn't know he was married before. They are the reason me and my son are in this position."

" He beat you?"

The nurse asked shocked at the same time the police walked into her room.

" Mam is he the reason the one who did this to you?"

Before she could explain herself they grabbed him and handcuffed him.