CMP_048

WORRY

"You're not going anywhere!"

" I have to find her babe."

" After you've healed."

Tor let out a deep sigh thinking of how he had failed again. Amara grabbed his hands kissing them.

" She was intent on killing you. I don't know what I could have done without you...."

" Shhhh... don't even think that. I am here now, alive and with you. Whatever she had planned for me she failed. I am perfectly fine."

" I don't know what she was using but whatever it is really cut you. James said all he could see when he got to you was blood. Every inch of your body was covered in blood. I shudder just think about th-"

" Hey don't! She hurt me yes but she did not take me away from my family."

" I've never been so afraid as when I tried to call you but got no answer."

" Thanks to your fast thinking, you saved me."

" How could she hurt you so bad?"

" Love?."

He said shrugging his shoulders.

" How did you guys get here?"

James had booked her and the children plane tickets back immediately after he found him in that state. He was afraid his cousin would not make it so he wanted his family here for him. When she got here he was in an induced coma to help him rest. His whole body was dressed as it was currently. He looked more like a burnt victim than someone who was attacked.

" We're leaving tomorrow."

"You know I have a business to run and my main offices are here."

" Then move it. This happened because you would not listen to me in the first place. Why won't you listen?.. Is it because I declined your marriage proposa-"

" I understood and I was hurt but that's not the reason. I can't just up and leave. Like I said just give me a few weeks and I'll come spend the rest of the year with you guys. I promise."

" I can't accept that, if you're staying I'm staying because the three hours I spent trying to get here have been the worst time of my life and I don't want a repeat of that."

" I'm sorry for causing you so much worry."

" It's not your fault but you can't seriously believe she won't come after you after everything she's done."

" Amara I've known Akilah for a long time and I know that she's hurting right now but eventually she'll come to terms with our separation. Akilah is not a bad person, I know her-"

Amara shook her head after everything this woman put him through he still saw the good in her but why?.

" I need you to give me an honest answer to this question, are you still inlove with your wife?"

" I know how me defending her actions may seem but I assure you, there's nothing but concern for her in my heart. I mean we've been together since day one and even though she's done some fucked up shit, I know this is not her. What kind of a man would I be if I did not show compassion for her when I am indirectly the reason she's losing it."

His words hurt, this woman had hurt them and their children. He was defending her. She stormed out angry and confused.