CMP_09

DISTURBANCE

Amara walked around her store fixing mannequins and changing display dresses, getting ready to open. When the door bell chimed signaling somebody had walked in. She put a dress on one of the seats in her viewing space to tell whoever had walked in that she was not open yet. She was surprised to find Tor's wife and mother in her shop. She wondered if he had sent them but then recalled that she had given her her business card before she even knew who she was or who her husband was.

''I see you put my husband's money to good use.''

'' I'm sorry?''

'' Yeah you should be sorry young lady. You should be ashamed! How do you live with yourself?''

Amara stood puzzled at what was happening. Didn't these women know the whole story. Why were they attacking her and not Tor?.

'' You thought you could take my husband from me?."

" Delusional!"

Tor's mother mumbled.

"You know he's my husband right, he paid my dowry before our son was even born. We just waited on the whole celebration because I was helping him acquire the money he used to buy your house and this business.''

Why are you telling me this, Amara thought.

'' Aki-''

'' You've lost the right to call her by her name, you homewrecking whore!''

'' I'm not a homewrecker and your husband did not buy me anything. It's my hard-earned money. His money is used only on the twins.''

" Are they even his?."

His mother stated but Amara was not about to answer her.

'' Your bastard children have no claim to his money. We will be expecting payback for all the money he's given you.''

" He's in this too?"

" Yes."

They were acting like she was not a victim of Tor's lies too and to even insinuate that she would pass of her children as his.

'' Tell him to tell me in my face."

''You disrespectful bitch!''

Akilah slapped her. It stung and but she was not going to cry infront of these women and she did not want to get physical in her place of business.

'' You're nothing but a cheap whore who he used while we were going through stuff but that's none of your business."

'' I don't what him-''

" I did not come here to hear you out or to argue with you. I came here to tell you to stay away from my husband."

" That's what I'm trying to do-"

" Shutup! You will also do my wedding and cost free.''

" I cannot do that because I have done nothing wrong."

" You slept with my husband."

" Who I d-"

" I don't care. I have a wedding to prepare for."

'' Now honey let's go pick a dress for your reception because none of these dresses look good enough to wed in.''

'' These dresses are too cheap for even a reception but since they're free, let's.''

Amara quietly recorded the two women go through her racks of dresses and mess up everything she had spent an hour fixing. She sent them to Tor.

'' What the hell is going in here?''

'' Let them be Zozo.''

Her assistant walked in to find the store in disarray and the two women in the center of it. She looked at Amara like she had grown an extra a head when she said that.