CHAPTER 3

I was really curious as well as anxious about my dad 's answer waiting for a total of forty eight hours .I sacrificed my sleep as well , just for a damn three letter word "YES" . Little did I know ,I should have not expected an answer from my dad .But nevertheless ,I still have hopes that my dad would understand his child and say a big YES with a smile on his face .

As giving up on my dream is never an option for me. I thought to myself " When my dad asked me to wait till the month ,it might be a yes to those damn twenty five bucks ,but he might also be thinking that I need some pocket money and he doesn't know that I am going to spend all of my pocket money for those classes". I asked myself "What if he gets to know that ,I am going to spend two hundred and fifty bucks for those classes !" . I think every parent has a dream about what their child has to aspire and these are called "parental aspirations ".I don't know why it's complicated to understand these parental aspirations and why don't they allow their children to pursue their dreams .It's their life , their dreams .No offense to anybody here .I just believe that most children like me would like to see their dreams come true.

I then met my friend Sam whose dad agreed to teach me the skill of repairing watches .I shook my head and met him .He understood that I was upset, without even me speaking a word .I really like this quality when somebody understands our temperament without uttering a word and maybe those people are called as friends .This is one of the things I love about friendship. He looked at me and said "What's the matter ,Jack?" I still shook my head and said "Nothing "

He lifted my chin and said "Chin up , what's the matter ?" .I ignored his words and ran towards my home .I went into my room and locked the room from within.My friend rang the doorbell ,my mom answered the doorbell and called me to meet him.I then shouted "Mom please say that I am not at home".

Jack, you shouldn't lie ,good kids don't do that ! What's the matter ,Sweetie ". She came to my room and knocked on the door along with Sam .I opened the door and said "I need some personal space with Sam,mom ".My mom then hugged me and caressed my back and said "Everything is going to be fine , Sweetie ". I was wondering if Sam told my mom regarding those classes .I then said "Thank you mom". She left both of us and went downstairs . . Sam asked me "May I come in ,Jack ". "Of Course Sam",I said

I shouted "WHY DO PARENTS CONFUSE US?", I guess Sam was kinda perplexed listening to this question.I was able to understand his expressions. He then said " shhhhhhh ,Calm down ,Jack ,Just a minute "and he went downstairs.I had no idea what he was trying to do .I was wondering "Oh my god ! what if he says mom about classes"I kept quiet and sat down on my bed .He knocked on the door ,I opened the door and saw a glass of water in his hands .

He entered my room and asked me to drink that .I asked him "why? " .He said "Drink it Man!" .I was staring at his eyes , wondering the reason to drink this glass of water.

"Make it Fast ,Come on Jack! It's just a glass of water , not poison or anything" .I then smirked and drank that glass of water.

Jack, place your palms on your laps ,sit upright and close your eyes ".I asked him"Why should I do this? Will this fetch me those damn twenty five bucks? " He slightly raised his voice and said "Just do it ,Jack "! I closed my eyes .

I was wondering if he had come here to teach some breathing exercises instead of helping me to find a way to get those twenty five bucks.

"Take a deep breath , Inhale and exhale".I took a deep breath ."Jack,you are going to do this five consecutive times ". I was thinking to myself I am not interested in fitness ,I just want those twenty five bucks ". I slightly nodded my head to indicate a forceful "YES". He then said "Good!". I kept doing this . "Rub your hands together and slowly put them on your eyes ",Sam said. I wish I could see those twenty five bucks in my hands when I open my eyes .I wish this worked like magic to get those damn twenty five bucks ". He asked me to open my eyes slowly. I opened my eyes .I saw some cookies on my study desk.He asked me "Hey buddy ,how did you feel?".

"Kinda Refreshing ,but those damn twenty five bucks were bugging me ".I thought to myself Yeah ,it was actually refreshing . Thanks Sam . He brought that tray of cookies and placed it beside me on my bed.I asked him "From where did you get those cookies ?". He said "I didn't get them ,your mom made these and brought them when you were refreshing and getting yourself together ". I took a bite of these cookies and it was delicious .He
ate them too.I was telling him "I am not worthy because I can't even find a way to get these damn twenty five bucks ".