CHAPTER 10

I started taking out my unwanted toys and my stationery   items .I again thought to myself that I would ask grandma to convince dad regarding the so -  called start up  .I was going insane thinking about it  So I went downstairs and asked mom .",Mom ,Can we go for a three day vacation , along with Sam's family .

She again said "Let's ask your dad and Sam's dad regarding .I agreed to it but your dad should agreed. "

I then said" MOM ….you agreed to it ,why dad again?" 

I would disagree to it ,if you question me again.Just go and ask.My mom, Said. 

I said okay mom  .

In the meanwhile I'll  go and speak to Sam 's dad  on the phone.My mom said .

I went to my dad to ask regarding it ,but my dad was sleeping while he kept the television switched on.

He was busy snoring and dreaming about something .So I switched off the television to avoid disturbance while he was  sleeping  .I thought of waking him up and asking him , but I avoided  it because he would cancel the vacation if I would  disturb him in his sleep  ,and he would start roaring like a lion in the jungle. 

I  went back to my  mom to look at her status  regarding vacation with Sam 's dad. 

She  signalled thumbs up  with her fingers while speaking on the phone, that means his dad agreed to it . I started jumping  with my arms stretched above my head .

My mom  cut the phone as the conversation was completed . 

We live in Australia ,but we didn't visit most of it. 

I then said "Okay mom.But dad didn't decide still. I mean he isn't awake from his sleep". 

My dad started yawning all of a sudden and got up  from his sleep and asked both of us "What's the matter ?".

My Grandma  said we are planning for a three day vacation in the Grampians.He then said "Sure.Let's go tomorrow  and who else is coming with us ? Just the four of us right?" he asked 

My mom then said "Even Sam's family is going to come tomorrow  ,Jack wanted them to come .It would be fun if they would also join us ".

He didn't respond for a couple of minutes .He took a deep breath and said "Sure"! 

I started jumping  out of excitement . 

Everybody  went  to their respective   rooms to pack their luggages for the next day' s exciting trip. 

But, I called Sam again and said hey Sam ,I can't wait for tomorrow . He said of course ,will meet you tomorrow . Let's pack.

We  started packing our backpacks .  After a while everybody came out .My mom started reading out the check list for me  for tomorrow's trip ,to see if I had everything .

We brought our suitcases outside  to the hall ,so that we wouldn't rush tomorrow in the early morning . We also packed some tasty snacks  for munching on the way ,as it  would take  two and a half hours from our place, Melbourne.   

Everybody was really excited. My mom then called my  teacher to inform her that I wouldn't be coming for four days .

I  said "Why four days ,mom?".She said "One day for rest  as you are a kid ". 

I went back to my room to sleep and everybody else too went back . 

We  started travelling to the Australian countryside  in the car, it was a snug fit .I had to sit on my grandma's lap as I was a kid.  After an hour or so I started feeling hungry  as I didn't have anything in the morning   . I told my mom that I am hungry ,she gave me a packet of chips to eat. Sam then said "Will you not    share your chips with your imaginary  fairy ?"