CHAPTER 5

After a while I woke up from my sleep and I was opening the window to breathe in some fresh  evening breeze .But ,when I opened the window  everything was dark .I was wondering. "why did the sky become dark ,so soon."? It is just five '0' clock in the evening ". I was  gazing at the clouds .The clouds looked like as if we were  about to experience  a downpour .But to my surprise it was a clear sky and I also saw the moon.I started wondering if there is a special phenomenon happening     today just like astronomers sometimes say that "The planet Mars can be viewed from a particular place".So  I thought that too is a special phenomenon.I  went downstairs and asked my mom "Mom, is there any  special phenomenon today .The sky is dark and so soon there is moon rise and it's just five'0' clock in the evening ".

My mom scoffed at me and said it's  Eight '0' clock already and showed the time on her mobile. I was shocked and I thought to  myself "Why do I always think about lame stuff ?" .My mom  patted my back and said   "Wake up ,You sleepy-Head ! .How are you feeling ?".                                                "I am feeling better ,mom". 

I went back to my to my room and shut the door with full force .I started whining "I had a plan with Sam today regarding those damn twenty five bucks not just the twenty five bucks but the   fees for the whole month ,that is seven hundred and a fifty bucks " and scratched a white paper randomly. My dad was knocking at the door "Jack ,open the door". I opened the door and sighed .

Come for dinner ,Jack". 

I  went downstairs and asked my mom if Sam had come to the house to meet me because we had plans today.

"Yes Jack , he came here".

At what time did he come here mom and what did you tell him? He came here when you were asleep , exactly at five'0'clock. But I sent him off.

I whined "MOM"!

She was skeptically looking at me .I was wondering whether she got to that I 've skipped the test just because I didn't prepare.

"Your teacher just called me!". I asked her why did she call her .She said that my teacher would be conducting the math test again.I thought to myself "What should I do ".I said Mom ,I want to  visit my grandma tomorrow .Also  ,she said she wanted to visit you .She called dad recently and told this to me. So , please mom  let's go to my grandma's  place. I know you are the best and you are so understanding mom.

She was staring at me.

I asked her "Mom, is that a YES !'. She asked me "but,you have a test tomorrow ?".

Mom, Please let's go tomorrow. Please! Please !

"Sure ,Jack! .

I felt electrifying and started jumping and said "Thank you so much ,You are the best !".I kissed  her hand.  I went back to my room hoping and jumping merrily. My mom entered my room .I said "HI MOM" with a banana smile.She took out a pair of shorts and a shirt from my wardrobe .

"Mom, what is it for?"You are going to wear this tomorrow ,Jack ! We are going to comeback from your grandma's  place around 2:30 pm .After lunch! "Sure mom." Good night Jack ! Sweet dreams, my mom said. I slept excitedly .The next morning I woke up and I was smiling at myself in the mirror; because my plan of not writing the test worked. I was waiting outside my mom's room excitedly .I was shouting MOM,I AM READY.

She got fully dressed and came out .I said mom you are looking pretty .She smiled at me. She  went into my room .I had no idea why she went to my room . She came out and started zipping her hand bag. I was perplexed looking at her.

Let's go jack ! 

She then started driving the car. I was peeping out of the car 's window. I realised that she was driving in the school 's route. After a while I saw my school before my eyes. I asked her "Mom, why did you get me to school ?". My mom opened the door for me and said before we go to your grandmother's place  , meet your teacher . Put this identity card if not the security wouldn't recognise you.

"Alright mom!".

She dropped me inside my class .Third - grade , Section A. My teacher  promised my mom to take care of me . The teacher said to the class -It's Jack's  birthday today . Everybody stood up for me and sang the birthday song "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you , Happy birthday to dear Jack , Happy birthday to you! May god bless you  dear ,Jack . Happy Birthday to youuu!". ,and everybody  applauded .I was feeling too lame probably as it isn't my birthday today. I don't understand why does every parent take examinations so seriously ,even if I am in first grade .Our job is to just eat ,sleep ,play and repeat.