CHAPTER 9

1 month later , 

I started picking up those skills quickly and enjoying it too.  I was looking at Sam's dad   while he started repairing the watch .I couldn't do it as quickly as him. He started groaning "Jack you should be as quick as this,I 'll just go to drink some water within that time".

I put my hands on my head and started feeling a little pressurised and I saw a tiny fairy inside my watch trying to fix the parts of it.It was really cute .I enjoyed looking at it and  I heard footsteps .He opened  the door the fairy  disappeared all of a sudden .Sam's dad ,Mr Smith was surprised to look at this .

He then patted my back and said "Great work ,your fee  will be decreased for the next classes.". I thought to myself "  Every dog has its  day". 

I gave a banana smile .  I started looking at myself in the mirror. 

Mr Smith asked Sam to bring some snacks for me .It was a tasty cream bun. I had them.

I went downstairs to leave as the class got over.

I then called Sam to meet me .I whispered in his ears ."I saw a fairy today ,you don't believe in magic right ?I 'll show you now".

He started chuckling again.I asked him to bring any broken watch. He brought a clock  whose battery was down.

I started thinking of Susie again so that the fairy would appear.

But to my surprise she didn't appear and Sam started mocking at me" You naive little kid ". 

He asked me to come outside to meet the other neighbourhood friends and  tell the same to them  . He would then believe it if that fairy would appear before them . 

I met  my neighborhood friend  Peter ,who lives ten houses away from mine. He loves magic .So I am sure that he would believe me.I also met another   friend Nick,  who doesn't believe in magic but is a fan of it .So I call him a weirdo . 

 All of us gathered at Sam ' s place  .I thought of Susie again but the fairy didn't appear . Everybody started making fun of me  again . I started crying and ran towards my home .Why do grown ups take advantage of the naive nature of a little kid?

I thought of Susie again. The fairy appeared and said "Hi Jack". I asked her  why she didn't appear when I called  you two times. She said "Jack, I don't want to appear before people as I don't want to reveal that magic exists as people will start searching for us and they will trap us ".

 Out of rage I said "Don't appear before me .Good bye ".I went inside my house and shut the door with full force.

I went to my room and closed all the windows so that the fairy wouldn't appear. 

I heard a female  voice shouting "Jack ,Please ! Please open the window !" .I knew it , it was  that fairy shouting . So I ignored it  and started decluttering my closet and my study desk where  all of my stationary was scattered all over the table.  I started with the closet .  But when I opened the wardrobe it was looking so organized .I heard a  feeble voice outside the window "Look Jack I helped you out ,now please open the window and I would help you in everything ". I ignored it and started decluttering my desk. 

I went downstairs to grab some snacks like apple pie . I switched on the TV and  started watching my favourite cartoon . Beside me I saw a hamper  beside me. There were a  lot of apple pies as that's my favourite .But we don't have so many apple pies at home  and I knew it was fairy's magic. I also observed that an apple pie in the hamper was bitten like a rat 's bite. I knew it was fairy who came from the balcony.So I snatched that hamper .The hamper remained but the apple pies in it were all gone. 

It started becoming humid as it was the   rainy season .I was waiting for it to rain as I love drenching in the rain.  It started raining  .

  I went out to call my friends Sam ,Peter and Nick. But it wasn't raining at  their places. It was raining only at my house .I went inside and changed my dress and whined "Go away ,you fairy ". 

I wanted to take a nap as I was tired.

I was lying down on my bed . I heard multiple female voices " Please open the window jack , we want to come inside ". 

I got up and then went beside my mom to lay down as she was also taking an afternoon nap as it was  a Sunday. I knew that I couldn't hear or see  the fairy if I was with someone.

I whispered "Get lost ,Fairy". I suddenly heard a window crackling  sound from my room.I immediately went into my room but the window was closed .  I saw a glowing light under my desk.A tiny cute fairy was sleeping under my study desk. I slowly went outside and bought an insect net to trap it .I put the net above it so that when it flies above I could trap it,but it disappeared . I was wondering " How did it sense that I brought this net to trap  it without even opening its  eyes " ?

My mom then woke up from her happy hour as she likes taking power naps in the afternoon .

I closed my room door half way  to watch if that fairy   would come under the desk once again . I  went downstairs in the meanwhile with an insect net in my hand .
She  saw the insect net in my hand and asked me "Why did you hold the  insect net in your hand ,Jack"? I said  I saw a fairy mom , would you like to see it?  She started chuckling and said  "Fairies and all don't exist Jack"! 

I said " Mom ,I swear I saw it . I 'll show you mom ,come along with me to my room". I dragged  her by her hand.I asked mom to stay out of my room to check if that fairy was there underneath my desk.I saw and it was sleeping .

I asked mom to come inside and watch the fairy  sleeping underneath my desk.But it disappeared again.

My mom then caressed my hair and said 

"You cute little kid .I told you there aren't fairies and they do not exist."

I shouted at her "MOM I SWEAR I SAW THEM ". She kissed me on my cheek ,lifted me in her arms and took me to the balcony and told a beautiful story to me.  

She  dropped me down and I went back to my room and shouted "Hey Susie  ,what the hell do you want ?" .

It didn't appear .I called it politely. It appeared and said "I 'll be with you until you get into a job and become super successful .

Oh I am sorry   fairy I said . 

It blew cold and refreshing air with it's mouth.  

I smiled at it.  I opened my palm for it to sit on it.  It sat on it. 

I then placed it on my desk and asked if it wanted   something to eat .

I went downstairs to get a  cream bun. My mom saw it and asked "Is it for you ,Jack?"

I said "Yes mom".I then went upstairs to my room. I said "Hi Fairy ,I am back "and gave her the cream bun , she had it happily and went away.  I  thought of "starting up  a business of toys as there are  too many toys at my home and it would enhance my skills and  would be helpful to me in the  long run "