CHAPTER 8

My grandma barged into my room and started dancing along with me. All of a sudden the blinds of a curtain were flickering and the light was fluctuating .I saw a glowing light behind the blinds. I went near it to see what it was, but there was nothing in there. I was kinda scared and everything was back to normal. Later ,I saw a letter from Susie The letter said

"Dear Jack ,

I am sorry I would have scared you about me disappearing that day all of a sudden .Please meet me tomorrow after the school. I will have to tell you something tomorrow.

Yours truly

Susie"

I was wondering how did she post this all of a sudden even though she doesn't know my address.

My grandma then went downstairs to help my mom cook lunch in the kitchen.

My mom had called me for brunch ,as I didn't have my breakfast in the morning. I am calling it brunch . I kept the letter in my pocket and I went downstairs to have brunch. I was as hungry as a lion. We had our lunch.

I was lounging in the hall with my

grandma.Later , the doorbell rang and I went to open the door and there was Sam at the door .He had called me for playing. I informed my grandma that I'll be back within an hour or so. I held Sam's hand and started running .Sam was shouting" Where are you taking me to? ". I ran till a distance and I stopped and I said I can join those classes from today itself as I got the fee for a month".Also I showed my letter to him. I said I got this letter all of a sudden . He started laughing and he said "I know,you can start your classes from today, Jack .All you need to do is be there by sharp five'0' clock in the evening .

He ignored my letter and concentrated on me to help me join those classes . I said "I think I know someone who can do magic ".He too started laughing and said "Magic doesn't exist ,Jack". I felt myself being lame again.

It was 4:30pm already .So we guys departed .I went back to my room to get those two hundred and a fifty bucks for the first class. My grandma said "Best of luck ,Jack"!

I ignored her words out of excitement

I then went to Sam's house. Dad , Jack's come for the classes ,he said.

Welcome to the classes Jack .Are you ready for today's class .I said "Yeah".

He took me to his room and the watches were showcased on the clock .I just can't take my eyes off them.He then said "My dear child , today we are going to learn the basics of watches''. He took his Switzerland watch and starting explaining about the parts of the watch ,"this is the dial also ,it is the face of the watch ,just like you ,me and everyone has a face "pointing towards my face.I kept nodding my head .I felt little complicated to memorize the words like bezel, hour marker ,lugs , Case , crown , crystal , hand , pusher, Sub dial. He asked me to repeat those words fifteen times each and taught me about the functions of each part in layman's language .

The next day at school I met Susie at school .She said she is going to leave this city and she asked me not to search for her.I was confused looking at her .She asked me to promise her that I wouldn't tell this to anyone.I promised her . She then took me to a corner of a school and perfomed some magic of inviting all the fairies and spirits .A fairy appeared all of a sudden ,the moon was glowing and I saw a chariot . She held my hand and asked if you want to see my palace on the moon.I said I wanna come back again.She said don't worry ,I 'll bring you back here.I promise you .She made me sit on the chariot like a King and she was chanting something and we landed in her palace. It was looking golden  and the entrance was so grand .I was wondering if this was a dream or in reality . But it was in reality .She asked me to get down .The guards there treated me with a welcome drink. It tasted like blueberry juice, but it was tasty. I saw some other fairies too .They looked like humans dressed in fairy costumes. As I entered ,Susie Clapped her hands to indicate the queen that she is back to her place  .The place looked like a fairy land .The queen of all fairies said "We are training our Susie to become the princess in the future ".I didn't understand anything and I said I am sorry Susie I have to go,I have some other work too.  As boys we don't like fairies and stuff like that  ,we just like playing with hot wheels and other mechanical toys ,so I told that. She chanted something again and we landed down at the same school.She said "Jack, I am leaving the school tomorrow will be missing you for sure. I'll be going to that palace and my parents took the transfer certificate already .

If you think about me I 'll be down or maybe when you are in trouble. "She then started chanting  and left I  couldn't even tell her anything , not even a goodbye .I was in short of words .I felt lame about this stuff and was dumbstruck .