The Award Goes to....

**Lainie's POV**

Jace and I had agreed that we would keep things on the down low at work. We didn't want to make our team uncomfortable. With the exception of Mike...and we didn't even tell him, he just kind of figured it out.

But outside of work was a different story. We spent nearly every moment together. Even though we've been friends for years, it was like we were trying to make up for lost time.....time we could have been together, but weren't.

Other than the intimacy, things hadn't really changed between us that much. We still played video games and teased one another. But the s*x was mind blowing and some days I just couldn't get enough of him.

Court was beyond thrilled. She confessed that she suspected years ago that this would happen one day. I'm just happy it finally did.

After spending nearly every night for the past two weeks together, we agreed to spend the night before the awards ceremony apart because we each had our respective stylists coming over bright and early to get us ready. I didn't mind so much this time, but I wasn't really all that concerned about the awards, I wanted to look amazing for Jace.

The same team arrived at my place early that morning, but what really caught my attention was the gown that had been selected for me. It was amazing. Beautiful yellow satin with off the shoulder sleeves. I just love yellow.

Once again, a white limo arived to bring me to the awards ceremony, but this time Jace was picked up first

Once again, a white limo arived to bring me to the awards ceremony, but this time Jace was picked up first. When I walked out the door, he was standing next to the limo, leaning against it. He was wearing a traditional black tux and he looked amazing. His eyes met mine and I swear he stopped breathing for a moment. A smile stretched across his face, making him look even more handsome. "Wow!"

"Thank you

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself, handsome."

He took my hand, spun me around, then pulled me in close, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"What do ya say we skip this thing and head back upstairs?" He says with a wink, leaning in to kiss me.

I pull back slightly, "Do you know how much time and effort went into this?" I motion down my body. "We are going."