Epilogue

**Two Years Later**
**Jace's POV**

"So, tell me about this new game idea you have, Jace. Does it have potential for a VGAA, because you know Jack's been pickier than normal about new game development."

"I'm not sure what Jack will think  about it, but I'm pretty sure you're going to love it." I reply trying to hide my nervousness.

"Alright, well tell me about it, what's the premise." Lainie asks turning to her computer to take notes.

"It's loosely based on Bonnie and Clyde. It's intended to be a two player strategy game. The characters encounter various problems and situations and have to work together to solve them to be able to move onto the next level." I explain.

"Not bad. I like that it would potentially appeal to both our male and female demographics. Do you have any mock-ups or story boards developed for some of the levels so I can get a visual?"

"To be honest, this has been somewhat of a passion project for me the past few months. I've been working on it in my spare time so I already have some test levels ready to be trialed."

Lainie looks at me with wide eyes. "Jace, why am I just now hearing about this? I can't believe you didn't say anything sooner."

"I wanted it to be a surprise. I have it all set up in the rec room. You wanna come test it out?"

"Of course. Let's go!" She jumps up from her desk and I follow her down the hall to the rec room.

We settle in and I proceed to explain the first level to her. "Obviously, you're Bonnie and I'm Clyde--"

Lainie interrupts me, "Jace, they look just like you and I!" That is amazing. Your graphics are fantastic!"

"Yeah, I modeled them after us, I thought you'd like that." I smile at her excitement. "So this first level is a jewelry heist. Our goal is to break into the jewelry store in town and steal the pre-set list of rare jewels to complete the level."

"Sounds simple enough, let's get started." She turns her attention to the screen as the game begins.

The game is set at night in a modern-day small town and we have to make our way from one side of town to the other to find the jewelry store. Lainie and I do so with relative ease making our way into the jewelry store. It's "Clyde's job to disable the security system and "Bonnie" must crack the safe to grab the jewels.

I successfully disable the security system and we get inside. While "Bonnie" cracks the safe, "Clyde" picks a lock on one of the display cases.

"Jace, what are you doing in that case? There's nothing in there that's on the list." She looks at me, confused by my player's actions.

I simply nod back toward the screen at "Clyde" who has retrieved a ring from the case and is down on one knee facing Lainie and I through the TV screen. A conversation bubble appears above his head saying, "Lainie will you marry Jace?"

I watch Lainie's reaction as she reads the screen, her eyes widen and fill with tears, her hands clasp to her mouth. When she finally looks at me, I'm down on one knee with a ring in my hand just like "Clyde". "Lainie, you are my best friend and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Lainie falls into my lap wrapping her arms around my neck. I can hear her soft sobs in my ear.

Moments pass and she doesn't move. "I hate to push you, Lainie, but is that a "yes"?"

"YES YES YES!!!" She yells into my ear, knocking us both over onto the floor in the process.

Laying on the floor, I take her face in my hands and kiss her before taking her hand to place the ring on her finger.

"I can't believe you created a video game to propose to me!" She gushes.

"Seriously, Lainie? Like there was a more perfect way for me to propose to you."

"This must have taken you months to make. How long have you been working on it?"

"Honestly, I've been working on it for about six month, but I recruited the team to help me." I confess.

"The whole team has known for six months?!?" She smacks my chest.

"Maybe. If it makes you feel any better, they're all very excited. They may have also told me that I have to pay them for their work if you said, "no". So, I'm very happy you said "yes". I chuckle.

She pulls me in for another kiss, we still haven't gotten up from the floor. When we pull apart, I bring her back in for a hug and whisper in her ear, "You have made me the happiest man in the world, Lainie Mitchell. I love you so much."