19

--Indicates a vision from Jin --

____________

Ji-hye!" Minseok hollered, camera bouncing and jostling as he ran. Somehow, he'd gotten separated from her and Chan. Blindly, he rounded a corner stopping as a stitch in his side made him wince. 

The silence was deafening.

He turned slowly, suddenly very aware he was alone in this god forsaken place. He heard her scream, somewhere nearby. "Ji-hye!" he roared chasing the sound, seeming to ricochet everywhere, the sound bounced around muddling and confusing.

Sudden ringing silence.

The echo fading from that final horror filled scream.

Hoarse and panting, he finally smelled it, that sharp metallic stink, before rounding that final corner. He peered around the door trembling violently, his eyes skimming over the crimson liquid dripping slowly from the pale finger tips.

It was the only recognizable part of her left.

The bile rose in his throat. Turning, he hunched over, heaving out everything he had eat in what felt like a week. "Oh god..." he moaned.

"Minseok!" He heard the patter of hurried footsteps. Chan, heaving and gasping stood before him. "You find Ji-hye? I thought I heard her scream."

Minseok couldn't speak, ashen he pointed in the room. Seconds later Chan was upchucking beside him. They stood, shaking together in the oppressive hospital.

"What are the odds that Hyunwoo and Beom..." Minseok began.

Chan shook his head, "Not good..."

Standing, Minseok hefted the camera into his shoulder. "We need to leave, now." he said softly, consciously not turning back to the terrible scene behind him.

"Yeah, fuck Moon Yeonha." Chan mutters as the pair made their way hastily towards what they hoped was the exit.

____________

"Taehyung? Jungkook?" Namjoon and Jin called as they backtracked, looking for the pair, worried something awful had happened.

"What should we do?" Jin asked Namjoon, clutching the detectives hand tightly, "I-" he trialed off as a familiar figure strode by looking intent. "Taehyung!" he yelled.

The man never turned, never answered.

The pair glanced at each other with more then a little trepidation. "Was he wearing a straight jacket?" They chased after him calling out. "Hey Tae, It's us-" Jin reached out without thinking, trying to stop him. As soon as he touched him a flood of images ripped through his mind.

--Happiness.

Love.

Laughter.

Kissing someone, holding them close. 

Smiles and warmth.

Now fear, anger, powerlessness.

People dying.

Locked up.

A needle.

He tried to scream but his mouth wouldn't open. Watching as they stripped his lover nude, forcing him to dress as a woman. Laughing, taunting, drugging him before that bitch with the needle and thread silenced him forever. Leaving them for dead, he crawled across the floor, pulling his lover close, weeping silently, as breath became softer, more strained.