Mikaleson's friend? No chance.

"Hey there."

Aliza looked up to see Marcel entering the room. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and managed to give him a stiff smile. Even though she knew she didn't hurt Freya purposely, she couldn't help but feel guilty. It all happened so quick, one minute Freya was holding her hand and in the next, she was screaming.

"Hey." She cringed at her voice and cleared her throat.

Marcel gave her a soft smile and sat at the edge of the bed next to her.

He said, "You alright?"

"Yeah. I guess so."

He sighed, "Don't bother yourself with what Klaus said. He was just angry. It wasn't your fault."

She frowned and said, "He always does that?"

Marcel shrugged, "He is very protective when it comes to his family. But don't worry he won't hurt you."

She snorted, "Yeah I can see that."

So far she wasn't feeling safe in the slightest bit of way. Especially when she was around Kol and Niklaus. She was positive Rebekah was ignoring her existence, at least it was better than the glares she got from Kol.

Only god knew how scary Niklaus could be when he lost complete control.

Marcel chuckled and said, "Klaus has this annoying habit of throwing a tantrum when things don't go according to his way."

"So he has anger management issues?"

"Exactly."

No wonder why her dad called him irritating.

"Is Niklaus your boss or something?" She asked. Marcel seemed close to him, she would have assumed they were friends. But she wasn't sure if Niklaus had any friends whatsoever.

"He's my mentor. I look up to him." Marcel stated simply.

Aliza's eyes widened and she said, "You're kidding right?"

"Why?"

"He seems like a horrible role model."

Marcel threw his head back and laughed loudly, Aliza huffed and smiled.

Marcel seemed like a nice guy, she'd give him that.

There was something easy about him that she found admirable. She noticed that it was easy to make him laugh. It reminded her of her dad.

"There's that. But I owe him my life." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh." That was the only thing she could say. She didn't want to be insensitive so she refrained herself from pushing that topic further.

"How old are you by the way?" She asked, a silly attempt to change the topic.

"287."

Aliza's mouth hung open and she raised her eyebrows, "Shut up. You're serious?"

Marcel shot her a cheeky grin and said, "I am."

"Jesus take the wheel."

That caused him to laugh again. Marcel was enjoying Aliza's reaction. Everything about her was so normal and real.

How long it had been for him to come across someone like her.

"Do you want to go see the Quarter?" He asked.

An excited smile perked on her lips and she said, "Really?"

"If you want to."

Vincent and Freya entered the room, they had tried to warn the rest of the others on how they should act around Aliza.