Chapter 17: The battle

Isabella's POV:

The newborns approached and I dumped the contents of the thermos into the middle of the field. I turned and gave Edward a quick peck on the lips, and he grabbed my hand, "Be careful okay? Promise me?" I nod and smile before letting go and summoning up all my energy and creating our army. Faceless vampires in Volturi cloaks and crests walked out in a stiff line. 

Jane winked and I smiled slightly, though it was pained. Jasper met my eyes and I soon felt an overwhelming wave of energy pass over me. I nodded in Jasper's direction in thanks.

Soon the army was at the edge of the clearing confused at the sheer number of vampires and the overwhelming bloodlust. I quickly made the army-run forwards, soon there was limps flying in every which way, Jane and I just stayed off the side with the Cullen's... And Jasper who looked like he was at Disney.

Soon the newborns were gone and everyone was gathered around the large fire, that was burning the remaining ones. "So?" Jane looked at me, I had an arm around Edward who was practically purring. "Hum?" I looked at her quickly, she smirked before continuing, "You'll come to Volterra soon?"

I nod and smile, "Yeah, tell them il send a letter?" She smiles, "Just to tell you, Aro may or may not have found out about Instagram." I chuckled, "Let me guess, he's started a WereNotVampires account?" Jane smiled slyly, "No, not exactly. But I can tell you that he has taken a photo of practically everything in the castle." 

Edward raised an eyebrow, "What about the dungeons?" Jane nodded and smiled brightly, "I did say everything, didn't I?" Emmett bounded over laughing, "You're actually pretty cool Janie!"

Jane beamed from ear to ear, "Thanks, Emmett! That's sweet, it's nice to be in the company of others casually outside the castle." Carlisle walked over, looking happy, "Would you like to come back to Forks with us Jane?" 

Jane shakes her head sadly, "Thank you for the offer Carlilse, but I must decline. There is much going on at the castle and everyone is needed."