Chapter 19: Liam

Isabella's POV:

Isabella's POV:

"I love you, Edward, il see you soon." I kissed him once more and picked up my large skirt, "Bella why are you wearing that again?" Alice asked me - all the Cullen's had come to see me off. "As I told you before, it's frowned upon for women to wear pants, not that I mind much."

Rosalie eyed my dress again, it didn't bother me, everyone else passing through the airport was looking too, what was one more pair of eyes. "But out of all the dresses, victorian styled?" I shrugged and laugh, "No time to change, and didn't want to get wrinkles in it. Anywho I have to catch my plane it's leaving in 30 minutes." 

I quickly looked over at Carlisle who had a hand wrapped around Esme, "Carlisle, I have to ask you a question." Carlisle nodded smiling, "Did da-Aro always act like a schoolgirl?"

Carlisle laughed and nods before kissing Esme's temple. "Yes, you could say that. Have fun, Bella." I played with my swan necklace and looked over to Edward who took my hand as the others left back to there car to give us privacy.

"I love you, please remember Bella, love." I smiled and kissed Edward again. "Of course, how could I forget you Mr. Ed-vasion-of-privacy?" He laughed, his infamous crooked smile making its way onto his face.

I walked away again picking up the fabric of my dress and completed the short walk to the gate. Once I arrived I sat down on a stool, my dress surrounding me. "Hello, Miss?" I turned to look at a Blond woman with a small brunette girl clutching onto her hand.

"Hello," I said smiling, the small brunette girl's face lit up and my smile widened. "I was wondering if I could take a picture of you and Beth?" The woman asked, then continued "I'm Vivianna Grette." 

I stood up from my stool and pushed it aside, "Of course, I'm Isabella Volturi." I kneeled down my dress fanning out. Beth approached with a shy smile on her face, "Are you a princess?" Vivianna smiled apologetically, "I am indeed. I'm the Princess of the Volturi."

Beth's eyes widened, "Really?" She whispered, "Yes, but make sure not to tell anyone, I am on a secret mission, I can trust you right?" I whispered back, but loud enough for Vivianna to hear me. Vivianna laughed and addressed her daughter, "How about you take a picture with Princess Isabella?" 

Beth nodded and kneeled beside me sitting on a piece of my dress. I cringed at the thought of the dress getting damaged - it was an original piece! Vivianna snapped the picture and they both said goodbye before heading off to there terminal. 

"Boarding for Pisa, Italie! Boarding for Pisa, Italie!" My plane was called and I walked through the tunnel and took my seat in first class. The Pisa airport was only a 50 km drive from Volterra and the closest public airport around.

I boarded the plane and took my first class seat. I turned when someone sat down in the seat beside me. "Hello." The man said and I smiled shyly, "Hello." The man's face brightened at my easy acceptance of conversation.

"I'm Luca McVee, you are?" Luca asked buckling his seat with a loud click. "Princess, Isabella Volturi." I motioned to my dress and added "Obviously." He started laughing and so did I, Luca was quite nice.

"So, what's with the dress? Not that I don't like it of course." Here we go with more lies. "Going to my sister's part as a party princess." Luca admired my dress before mearing my eyes.

"You must be a pretty good party princess to afford this. It's an original." I raised an eye down, "Should I have been calling you Detective Luca?" Luca smiled and nodded once quickly. "Yes, I'm heading to Volterra to investigate high disappearance rates." My smile fell, "Oh."

"Not to trouble you Isabella, you should be okay though. The disappearances only seem to happen in Volterra. Pisa should be safe." I shifted uncomfortably, and Liam placed a hand on my arm.

"I'm heading to Volterra." Liam's smile fell as well, "Oh! I'm so sorry for worrying you, Isabella."

We sat the rest of the plane ride in silence Liam followed me out onto the tarmac where my Escalade was waiting with my personal driver. My driver walked over, "Bonjourno, Padrona." Hello, Misstress. Santiago bowed quickly. "Bonjourno, Santiago." 

Liam raised an eyebrow at our encounter, "This is Detective Liam. He is here to investigate the disappearances in Volterra." I quickly introduced him. Santiago bowed slightly, and opened the door for me.

"Are we giving him a ride too?" Santiago hissed at a perplexed Liam. I turned to face Liam, "Do you have a ride, or would you like to ride with me?" Liam quickly walked over to my side. "I would like to ride with you if possible." 

I nodded and got into the car Liam following suite. Santiago got in the car, turning it on. The engine purring to life and then we took off in direction of Volterra.

Once Liam had passed out we started talking again. "Should we bring him to the castle and let the kings deal with him?" I looked at Liam's peaceful face, "No, we shall drop him off at a hotel. If we bring him to the castle it is a death sentence for him. And if he disappears there will be more coppers. That is the last thing we need." 

Santiago nodded stiffly, "Of course. I respect your decision Padona." He turned back to look at the road as we approached the gates into the city. "Liam? It's time to wake up." I shook his shoulder gently and Liam stirred awake.

Santiago pulled up at the closest hotel and Liam opened his door. "Thank you, Isabella, hopefully, il see you around?" I laughed softly "You don't want to wish that." Liam shook his head before turning to look at Santiago.

"Thank you for the ride," Santiago grunted in response and gripped the steering wheel. Liam nodded once before shutting the door. The car soon sped off in direction of the castle.

A/N: Early update! What do you think of Liam? Will he run into more vampires?