Chapter 18: Leaving for Volterra

A/N: I just want to warn you that there will be about 5 more parts to this story then it will be done. But il may add extra chapters over time and il work or re-writing the story to make it easier to read, thanks for your patience.

Isabella's POV:

It was now just two weeks away from the coronation, not that I minded it profoundly, but it would be hard to leave Edward, even if it was only for a week before his family would come to Italie. 

Edward and I's relationship had progressed greatly and we had gone on many dates and shared many kisses. Edward knew I was part of the Volturi in some way, and I think he thought I could be queen once or twice, but he never dwelled on it. 

I was now packing up my closet with the help of Alice and Rosalie, with Edward lying on the sofa reading a novel written a few decades ago. "Bella, you have so many... Victorian-era styled dresses!" Alice shouted from one of the closets that I had stored my castle clothing in.

"Being in the castle is like a 24/7 Halloween! I don't remember a time that I ever saw a girl with pants on... It is like being trapped in the 1800s but with electricity, technology, and wifi." Edward chuckled from behind his book and I raised an eyebrow.

"What? I think your description of the castle is funny but truthful." I just shook my head and continued sifting threw my jewelry box. I heard shuffling and turned around, to find Edward standing there with a box in one hand.

"Edward? What's this?" He smiled softly, "Uh, this is for you, so everyone knows that you're taken... Just open it, please." I smiled and took the box from his outstretched hand. 

I quickly opened the box and was amazed at the beautiful swan necklace. "It's because your last name was swan... And I thought..." Edward rambled, I pulled his close and kissed him.

"Thank you, love, now help me put it on?" Edward complied and I smiled at him

"Thank you, love, now help me put it on?" Edward complied and I smiled at him. Alice and Rosalie entered and commented on how sweet the gift was.

"Well, we finished packing and we put everything beside the front door." Alice chimed in when the conversation stopped. "Thanks, that's very nice of you to do that..." Alice nodded and took Rosalie's hand, "Come on let's head back home... Have a nice chat!"

I turned to look at Edward who looked slightly worried, "Edward? What's wrong? If it's about the Volturi, you know that you have no need to be worried." Edward shook his head softly.

"No, well yes, it's about the Volturi... And about the other vampires, I'm not that afraid about you getting hurt, it's more about someone taking you away from me. You have no idea how much I love you, Bella." 

I smile, and if I could blush, I'm sure that my cheeks would be tinted light pink. "I love you Edward, and only you. You know that." 

"Yeah, but what if-" I cut him off by kissing him roughly, he stays still for a second before kissing me deeply. We break away gasping for un-needed air. "I love you, Bella." I smile and lean towards him, Edward wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "As I love you, Edward."