Chapter 62

Tris Pov

I sit on one couch and Tobias sits on the other. After Max told us we had to go to couples therapy, he made us go the next day. The therapist comes into the room and sits down. Only erudite can be therapist, dauntless wouldn't have the patients. I look at Tobias and he looks at me. Before we got here of course we had an argument. The lady sits in a chair across from us and stares at us.

"Hello there, I'm Michelle and I will be your therapist for the next few weeks." she says

"Weeks" I say surprised. I thought this was a day thing.

"Well considering what max told me, you too will need a few weeks. Therapy sessions are Tuesday's and Thursday's" she says and I roll my eyes and she notices. She starts writing something in her notebook.

"What are you doing" I say

"Taking notes" she says "you rolled you eyes so I'm seeing how your emotions are" she says and Tobias laughs and she writes something down.

"Shut up" I say

"Okay, let's start" she says "I want you two to tell me why you think you guys should be getting a divorce" she says crossing her leg over the other. "Four you first" she says

"Okay, I think Tris should act more mature and stop crying all the time. Also she acts way to controlling something's" he says and I open my mouth but Michelle stops me.

"Tris, one person" she says "why do you think tris cries or gets upsets" she says to four.

"Maybe she's has emotional problems" he says

"Go head Tris" she adds

"Really" I say to him "well I am not a baby. I'm 22 years old, pretty mature since I have to help raise 2 kids and now carry another one" I say to him

"So your pregnant" Michelle says

"1 month" I say

"Wow okay" she says sitting up and we look at her.

"You clearly are getting no where, so Tris and Four I have homework for you. For this week you will be working on staying in the same room together and communicating more. No arguments. Actual conversations" she says.

"Fine" we says

"Listen or I will get max and he said if you two don't listen you will have to work kitchen duty" Michelle says

"Okay" I say

"Sure" four adds.

"Okay let's start with this" she says

"Tris tell me everything you are bothered with by Four" she adds

"Well he's controlling and all of a sudden he thinks my age is a mistake we ever started a relationship together. I don't know where he went. I miss the old Four. " I say and I feel a tear form in my eye.

"Okay so is that it." she says

"That's all I could say right now before I start breaking down in a waterfall of tears" I add. Tobias looks at me and his small smile fades.

"Okay so I think all this crying is coming from your hormones" she says "was tris always this emotional" she ask four.

"I guess Only when she's pregnant." He says

"How do you feel when Tris cries. Do you really think she's acting like a baby because I think it's the baby inside causing it. she's a grown adult." she ask Four.

"No. I only say all that stuff from anger" he says "and because... nevermind" he adds

"Do you mean the things you say to her" she says

"Not one world of it. like I said it's all the anger and stress we cause each other" he says

"Do you love her" she says

"Of course I love her" he says

"Do you love him" she says to me.

"To the moon and back. He's my everything" I say smiling a little and in the corner of my vision I can see Four smiled a little.

"So what if max never stopped you. You would be a divorced couple. Whos idea was it to get this divorce" she says

"Well we got a divorce before for a year. which felt right at the time but this time I was only doing it because Four wanted to" I say

"I was only going to do it because I thought you wanted to" he says

"See what talking does to a relationship" she says

"I didn't say anything because I was already mad from our argument" I say

"Me too" he says

"Okay that looks like all the time we have for today. You guys did great. I'm so impressed we got a lot of thoughts out today" she says

"So your homework is to be in the same room for as much as possible. Talk to each other, even if you think it might turn into an argument. just do it. Four I know you want tris to be tuff and dauntless but since her hormones are not all so right let her take her emotions out when she needs to. Also be there to comfort her. Tris don't be controlling. I really want you too to work on your talking, making conversation with each other." she says and I smile.

"See you Thursday" she says and I smile. We walk out and back to our apartment. We walk slow and calmly together by each other's side. I want to grab his hand but am to scared to.

"So what's the other reason" I say

"What reason" he says

"Don't play dumb Tobias" I say

"The only reason I'm mad is because Marcus sent a death note threatening you and the kids" he says and I hug him.

"I'm sorry I called you Marcus. I didn't mean it" I say "not one world of it" I say and I pull away.

"I know. We were mad and I didn't mean a world I said" he says. I look into his eyes and he's about to kiss me when Christina opens the door. She was watching the kids for us.

"Tris, Tobias how was it" she says and my eyes go wide.

"You told Christina" he says and I shake my head.

"It was by accident" I say "I was mad" I add

"No we were this close to becoming some what happy in our relationship, but you ruined it" he says and leaves. I turn to Christina.

"I'm sorry" she says

"Way to go Chris" I say storming off after Tobias. He went back to the apartment. I open the door and I see him in the kitchen.

"Tobias, I'm sorry" I say

"No your not" he says

"It was an accident. I didn't mean it" I say

"No you did." he says

"Why would I do that. I'm trying to fix the relationship not keep breaking it." I say

"I'm going to bed, see you at work" he says. "I'll take the couch" he says and I hold my hair. My world is falling apart piece by piece. minute by minute. second by second.