chapter 5

Bill looked down at the deck where his crew, the One Eye’s, were looking down at Pine Tree who was spread eagle on the deck in pain as the crew finished swabbing the deck. They were gathering up their supplies to head below to scrub. Bill chuckled as Tad moved to stand next to him and Bill glanced at him before looking back down at the kid.

“He’s never done any hard work in his life.” Tad stated and Bill hummed.

“He’s determined though.”

“What are your planning Bill, why keep him alive? He’s a Pines for fucks sake.”

“I find him… interesting.” Bill said as the crew pulled Dipper to his feet and patted him on the back while laughing.

“I see…”

“I think I will keep him around for a while, it should be… amusing.” Bill smirked and Tad huffed as they watched the One Eye’s disappear below deck dragging the kid with them.

“His family will come looking for him.” Tad stated.

“That’s what I’m counting on.” Bill said with a quirk to his mouth.

“This can only end badly, why am I here again?” Tad questioned as he ran a hand down his face.

“Because you love me.” Bill stated and poked Tad’s cheek with a grin.

“Hardly, more like I’m the only who’ll put up with you.” Tad said with a scoff.

“Whatever you say Tad, now get back to work.” Bill ordered.

“Aye Captain.” Tad said with a sigh before moving to go attend to the crew.

Bill watched the man go before frowning, he had no real reason to keep the Pines kid alive but something about the whole situation had intrigued him. It was like a puzzle, and if there was anything Bill loved, it was to solve puzzles.

******************************************

The Stan O’ War had finally docked after more than three days at sea trying to find the pirate ship that had alluded their grasp. Stanford swore it was out there somewhere and Stan had to talk him into returning to shore. Mabel bounced down the ship’s ramp in excitement as her feet hit dry land before glancing back up at the ship.

“I’m running home to see Dipper!” She shouted and sent a large grin to her Grunkle Stan before running down the cobbled street. Her smile falling from her face as she ran, she couldn’t help but feel that something was wrong.

“Just get home, Dipper is safe, he’s going to be angry but he will be safe and sound probably reading his books.” She whispered under her breath as she ran faster.

The large building came in to view she ran down the path only slowing when she reached the front door, taking a deep breath she put on a large grin and unlocked the door.

“Dipper I’m home!” She shouted loudly listening as her voice echoed throughout the house. The feeling of dread grew stronger as no sound greeted her. Mabel began to explore the house, checking Dipper’s room first, then the library and any of the other rooms he frequented the most but with no luck. The house seemed, and felt, very empty.