chapter 11

It had been several weeks since he had been kidnaped, could be more or less as Dipper honestly had lost track of time being on the ship. He was busy, even if he wasn’t doing as much as before; Bill hadn’t wanted him to relapse. So instead of working with the One Eyes, Dipper had been learning a few things from the different masters aboard the ship. It was more than he had ever dreamed of learning from his books, and everything had a hands on application to it that he just loved.

Then there was the simple fact that Dipper was still sleeping in Bill’s bed, with the Captain himself. He was perfectly fine to go back to his old bed, but anytime he thought about it, the less appealing it became. The times he tried to, or avoided Bill never ended so well, and would be back in the pirate’s bed anyways. Sometimes he would work himself to the point of exhaustion, falling asleep doing something and awake curled up next his bed mate. It was embarrassing to say the least.

And yet it was nice. This was a part that made him grumble to himself. Not that his original sleeping location wasn’t bad, per say. But Bill’s bed was so much softer, and bigger, and warmer, especially when he was in it. Dipper felt his face heat up with that thought and tried to banish it.

Letting out a sigh, Dipper dropped his head to the table as he sat in the galley. The room was currently empty which gave him a moment of peace and quiet to himself. Bill Cipher was a conundrum and Dipper had to figure him out. Dipper would watch him when the pirate wasn’t looking, interacting with his crew and Tad. The crew showed nothing but respect towards him, they laughed and joked with him. His was their leader, and yet friend at the same time. He sure didn’t seem like some blood thirsty pirate that some of his stories would betray him to be. It was all so… confusing.

Even his own interactions with the pirate was easier, friendlier and Dipper couldn’t seem to stop him from entering his thoughts at odd times. It was slowly driving him mad, and the way that golden eye would look at him, see inside him as if he understood Dipper’s plight, made his heart quicken every time. And lately, Dipper was glad when the day was ending, just to have that time where he could be himself with the pirate. Sometimes Bill would be up late at his desk writing in his journals and Dipper would fall asleep before he came to bed. Other times Bill would climb in with him, which Dipper would grumble and complain about loudly but didn’t resist when he was pulled in next to that warm body. Those nights took Dipper the longest to fall asleep as his heart would be racing and… other parts of him seem to have a mind of their own. Even the thought of it now had his body reacting and he groaned and bit his lip to get it under control.

This was not good, not good at all.

The door to the mess hall slammed open causing him to lift his head quickly, Pyronica stood there, her pink hair loose causing part of it to fall over her eye patch.

“Oy, so this is where you have been hiding.” She said before walking over and slamming a hand on his back with a grin.

“I’m not.” Dipper said with a smile.

“Whatever you say lad, Captain’s been looking for ya.”

“Ugh, what does he want now?” Dipper muttered, but his heart sped up a bit.