21. Black Dress

Crybaby PoV:

I was calling an UBER when Archie came with his car "hop in". Then he changed his seat and asked me to drive. He was sitting in the back and totally inside his phone.

Why do I have to be someone else's slave? Didn't he say that he would not be his girlfriend's slave then why?

"Turn on the music" he ordered and I did as I was told. No one said anything till we reached the store. I had to call him, cause he fell asleep in the back seat.

He woke up and started stretching, I didn't know why but I couldn't help but look at him, stare at him. He noticed me doing that.

As we went to the store, he asked me to get some chips and drinks and he went in some other alley and we met again in some 15-20 mins at the counter. He paid for it all. Of course, it is his girlfriend after all.

After putting everything in the car, I was about to enter when Archie patted my shoulder twice. It was so gentle a pat, I cannot even express in words.

"You are coming to the Party right?" he asked.

"Me? No." wait was I even invited?

"You are coming. That's an order. You are driving me. And wear something nice"

As if wearing something nice was gonna change my appearance. I'm born ugly. I'll be that no matter what I do.

After dropping him home, I came home and took a bath. I have never been to a real party before. I know it sounds terrible but it is true. I had no idea what I was going to wear or what I was going to do.

I stood in front of my wardrobe in a towel. I searched through everything and found a black dress which looks like a fancy party wear. I have never worn it. My mother gifted it to me last birthday. It's a mutton leg sleeved black dress which when worn felt a little bit too short for my liking but then again I have nothing else to wear. The dress was really tight and I realised for the first time that I have big boobs. The front had a big diamond slit which showed a tiny part of my cleavage.

I looked for the shoes and I chose the black stilettos, again the only stiletto I own.

I thought for a moment, if I should do make up or not, not that I liked to look like a different person doing make up but since it's my first ever party I wanted to.

I went to my mother and she was the happiest of all when she heard I wanted to do make up. I didn't possess any of my own. So my mother did it for me. I looked at the mirror, my hair slightly curled, the dress making my boobs look big, the red lipstick looks gorgeous my face looked even and had more glow, this is not me. I'm ugly.

Around 7pm I got a call from Archie.

"I'm outside your house" he said. My heart beat increased for no apparent reason.

Was this because I did make up and wore this dress? But I don't care what he thinks at all.

I got out of the house and saw him standing outside the car, his hands in his pocket, and he is wearing a black shirt, his sleeves rolled up exposing his hand. I could notice the veins from a distance.

He looked at me. He looked at all of me. I started feeling naked. And started being awkward. He looked away and asked me to seat in the passenger seat.

"What?" I shouted out loud.

"I feel like driving. Do not talk to me, I'm not in a good mood" as he said, I noticed he was indeed looking a bit upset.

He started the car. No one said anything until he was about to park the car "You did makeup?"

I nodded.

Did he notice? I felt happy from inside.

As we walked passed the door, I saw people. A lot of people. Crowd. I hate crowds. Then the next thing I saw was people looking at me, guys whistling and girls whispering. I started sweating. I don't like all the attention. And why was I getting that in the first place?

Archie left a long time ago, I barely knew anyone so I found a couch and sat at the corner. A couple jumped right after kissing like the world was ending. I jumped up and walked away.

Kissing like that is crazy. Would I ever be able to kiss someone? No I can't, I never could, I'm ugly. No one would want to kiss me.

I walked as sneakily as possible to avoid human eyes on me. The stilettos were a pain. My feet hurt so much, at one point it felt like I got a cut there.

I saw people were inside the pool and outside of it. Archie was inside along with his guy friends, few girls in their shortest possible bikinis trying to seduce him.

I felt bad.

"Nyssa?" someone asked. It was Ian. He called me from the pool. Archie looked at me. Our eyes met. Then he looked away.

Ian came out of the pool and approached towards me, as my instincts said, I moved a little forward too.

"Wow, you look Hot!" he said.