Chapter 17- The Battle part 2/past feeling being brought up

*Disclaimer* I don't own the characters except a few Ocs especially Courtney as it's all Disney  otherwise. Warning there will be swearing in it abit because based on how the character is feeling especially Varian during this time.

Rapunzel's POV,

We're on our way to save my mom which my dad will soon find out about my dear sister I feel bad for Varian as he's not evil just needs help as Courtney and Quirin is trapped and time is running out I know he'd never give up on her especially so I won't give up on him it's what she would want. We didn't know we'd soon walk into a trap set by him as revenge.

Varian's POV,

It's time which I hide and my fake self distracts them which I saw my dad wrote a note but at least I can keep hers forever I can't think that I'll never see them again especially her. I hear and I come out after. "You fell for my trap that was full proof the only way to get you here was to kidnap her." I said which I smirk not myself knowing my princess would be shocked by how I changed. "Varian please what would Courtney say about this kidnapping our mother wanting revenge you're better than this." Rapunzel said to me which my hand turned into a fist hearing her name hurts truly. "DONT SAY HER NAME I KNOW WHAT SHE WOULD SAY IF SHE SAW EVERYTHING BUT SHE'D UNDERSTAND ITS ALL TO FREE THEM BOTH." I yelled which she sighed. "Varian please let my wife go I understand you're upset but this is insane!" King Fredrick said then looked at his youngest daughter. I go closer to him. "Oh I'm more than upset your majesty not only did Rapunzel turn her back on me Corona as well but not my princess and I freed her abit but I had to use the queen as bait as I need to use Rapunzel's hair which might kill her but worth getting them back.

Cassandra's POV,

I was watching which this isn't the Varian that Courtney loves which I admit I'm actually jealous as I'm too old for the younger girl, yes I'm bisexual but I know that he's her better match even though we did kiss once before she got with Varian of course.

~flashback~

2 years ago

I was helping Courtney train as she wanted to learn to protect herself just in case I'm not there for her which she was almost 14 as her birthday is in January of course I'll always remember. She smiled at me as we took a break. "You want to know something Cassie?" She asked me and I looked at her. "What is it Courts?" I asked her which I saw her holding my hand. "Even if we can't be together as I'm the youngest princess and you're my lady in waiting we can cherish this moment and be happy for each other when we find someone else to be with." She said and I looked into her bright green eyes that shine like emeralds as she looked into my dark brown ones. "Of course which no one must know about this I could lose my job or worse." I said turning away. "No one will as it's just us here as my parents are visiting family overseas and who knows if my older sister will return." She said and I looked at her which we kissed it felt nice. "We better continue so we're not suspicious or anything." I said and she nodded and continued training.

~end of flashback~

I'll keep my word I'm happy she found a good boyfriend but he needs to be reminded that it isn't the real him. "VARIAN PLEASE LISTEN YOU NEED TO STOP THIS ISN'T WHAT SHE WOULD WANT YOU HURTING HER LOVED ONES!"I told him which he walked to me. "Oh Cassandra I know you love her but she's mine I'm doing this for her I know you wouldn't understand you did turn your back on her once before. "He said which I gasped remembering that which I know she wouldn't tell anyone and I drew my sword. "How did you know that she promised me she would never tell another soul." I asked which he held something in his hands which I gasped again as I know what it actually is and recognised it immediately as it's yellow with a lock on it which has a C initial pressed into it by the local blacksmith of course. She always keeps the special keys in spots only I know where she keeps them but how did he know.

Varian's POV,

I held something in my hands she immediately knew what is was and her sword dropped as she gasped again in shock which yes it's my princess's diary she would write in it all the time until the day the accident happened the lock i can tell is custom made by the local blacksmith of course by her request and the keys are specially made too both the lock and the keys have a C initial pressed into them.The actual diary itself is yellow of course as it's her favourite colour a birthday gift from her parents when she was younger. The older girl is confused and curious I can tell. "HOW DO YOU HAVE IT AND THE ONLY ONES THAT KNOW WHERE THE KEYS ARE ME AND HER WHICH ONE IS ON HER AND THE OTHER IS IN OUR SECRET PLACE!" She asked very upset and I smirked. "Oh dear Cassie she gave me one as she got another one made just incase she lost or misplaced one but mine is a C +V in a heart." I told her which she picks her sword up. I open the lock going to a few pages that she probably hasn't seen before. "Thursday,June 5,1403,Dear Diary today I'm going to ask Cassie if we can run away together but sadly I saw her flirting with someone who is the same age I can tell so I decided to leave her alone not wanting to interfere as she deserves someone she can actually love and be with as we can never be as I'm just a princess locked in my room as my father doesn't want me to be taken like my older sister. I can at least look out seeing the other village beyond our kingdom Old Corona which I bumped into a boy my age yesterday as I was allowed out by my mom of course which sadly he had to go so soon I didn't get his name I hope to see him again soon. Until tomorrow. Sincerely Courtney" I read and she had her hand in a fist.  "YOU BASTARD HOW DARE YOU READ THAT ITS HER PRIVATE THOUGHTS SHE WROTE THAT WAS AFTER WE ACCEPTED HER AND I CAN NEVER BE TOGETHER NOW SHE'S YOURS!" She said angrily which she comes at me ready to strike me with her sword. "Stop Varian I will do it I'll help you." We herd which it was Rapunzel and I smirked. "Good now lets get started shall we?" I said to her which her dad is shocked. "No you can't please Rapunzel I can't lose you too." King Fredrick said. "Dad there's no other way it's to save both Courtney and Quirin." She said. "Ya dad it's the only way lets do this then." I said mocking Rapunzel but Cassandra growls. "Don't you dare touch her as I made a oath to protect both of them." She said which I remembered something in it yesterday that they could've lost everything but there's something else as I looked at my princess. "You're right Cas I cant hurt her but Courtney doesn't have to know I hurt you I have nothing else to lose." I said but I'm then captured and locked up.

Rapunzel's POV,

I know how to help Varian even if he's lost his mind and I looked at my sister then Quirin. "I'll be back as I need to save them especially my princess this isn't over!!" He said loudly as the carriage rode back to the castle. I took her Diary and key to look through it because I want to get to know her better. "Raps do you think that's a good idea to read it even I'm not sure some of the things she wrote." Cassandra told me and I sighed. "Come on Cass it will be ok I just want to get to know her better this way."I said as we travel back to Corona.

~End of chapter~

I hope you enjoyed it sorry it's long but I did say it would which I wanted to add that drama and shocking parts to it to make it my own so if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know until next time.

-Courtney