Chapter 7

Izuku's POV

Italic Words - Someone's Thoughts

        I awoke to the sound of a rooster's singing in the morning. Realizing what it was I groggily lifted my hand and slammed it on my phone to dismiss my alarm. I sat up from my bed, my feet touching the cold floor. Out of the corner of my eye, the morning's light peaks from a slit in the curtains. Today of all day's was going to be tiring like the rest. One thing for sure is that... adulting sucks. Just like that, a week had already gone by since I last saw Kirishima and Mina at their place.

I stood up ready to start my day. Slipping on my slippers, I opened my bedroom door to the aroma of breakfast. Walking into the kitchen I see my mother buzzing around preparing food. Like the kind and respectful son I am I offer my assistance.

"Good morning Mom, would you like any help?", I had a feeling I knew the answer.

"No sweety, I got this just go ahead and take a seat I'm nearly done", she tells me as she turns off the stove.

My mother plops plates with pancakes and eggs with glasses of orange juice on the table. This is one the last few times I might get breakfast made for me by mom. You see ever since I joined the agency, I started looking for apartments in Tokyo or at least some where close to work was so I don't have to keep taking the train or ask Kacchan for rides. Yes, I could use my quirk to get there but I feel as if I should save the energy for hero work.

"Izuku is something wrong? Your staring at your food and I'm getting a little concerned", Mom spooks me out of my thoughts.

"It's nothing mom no worries".

We begin to eat but after a while she brings up the topic we both don't really want to talk about. Reasons are because it involves me for starters, moving out.

"So pretty soon you'll be moving huh", I can hear that hint of sadness in her voice.

"Yeah", I answered swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Do you know when?", she asked.

"I'm just waiting for my payday then I'll be consulting with a landlord about an apartment that's actually close to work. I'm not exactly sure where it is though because I forgot to ask" I laugh a little hoping it eases the mood in the room. I saw the ad while I was on my phone that there was an apartment for rent so I called and asked for an application.

"That's good but just so you know, my door is always opened to you when you need me ok?", she looks at me in the eye, trying her best to hold back tears.

It's not that I don't want to live with my mom but I feel as if I should go out in the world take care of myself you know. Gain a bit more responsibility for me. We finished our food and I got ready for work. I kissed my mother's cheek and gave a goodbye and out the door.

"Be careful sweety, see you later", she says while closing the door.

I took the train early enough to get to the agency on time. It stops at the arrival of its destination, I make my way out of the metal transit and start the walk to work. I can see the building off in the distance then something pops into my mind about the sapphire villain. He's been causing chaos throughout Japan's jewelry shops for half a year. I decide to look more into the robberies when I get to my office. I walk up to the entrance of the building but before I could grab the handle.

"Good Morning Deku!", a sweet voice greets me from behind making me turn around quick.

"Oh, Good Morning Uraraka!". I hold the door open for her as she makes her way in with a small mutter of a thank you.