1: The Club

A chill passed along Selene's spine and her teeth clattered as the bleak night air hit her face. The night was suspiciously cold even though it was still mid september.

The whooshing of air was clear as the parking lot was empty outside the Hudson club. Making her way towards the club she drew her leather jacket closer and pulled her hair to cover her ears.

Pushing the club door open the atmosphere inside was completely different from the outside. There was less oxygen and more smoke, less cold and more heat, that was radiating from the rubbing bodies on the dance floor.

Everyone either was engrossed to drown in the alcohol or busy pushing their tongues down other's throats. The music blaring through the speakers was loud but the moans from the dark corners of the club were clear.

Selene hated it, all of it. But there was nothing that she could do. She grew up here, watching these. While kids of her age were learning how to ride a cycle she was learning how to survive through a day without scarring herself by this dark world.

Selene never knew her parents and believed that she had no one. She soon learnt how to make money in wrong ways and how to deal with people if something goes wrong.

She learned dealing with guns, explosives, drugs and everything that can get her money. Sometimes she becomes a hitman, other times a drug dealer but most times a guns supplier.

She isn't ashamed of it nor she is happy to do it but it is what it is. She has to survive and hers is through this way.

Pushing through the crowd she walked to the bar and stood there, her eyes silently searching for her client today. He hasn't arrived yet so she ordered herself a martini.

As she took a first sip, she felt a slap on her ass followed by a burning sting. Blood rushed into her face with anger. She turned around and found a guy probably younger than her giving her a crooked smile of what he thought was charming.

The rage and disgust seeped out through the hard glare that she sent his way. The smile on the man's face faltered a little failing to keep up his courage face on.

She signalled him to come closer with her index finger. He obeyed and titled his face towards her with a full smile, back on his face. Stink of alcohol and smoke hit her face.

"You do that again and I'll make sure you drown in your own blood," She seethe near his ear and pulled back giving him a malicious smile.

This time his smile was completely gone, he gulped audibly before retrieving back and vanishing into the crowd. Selene scoffed to herself and sipped her martini casually.

From the corner of her eyes she felt a scorching gaze of someone and turned to that side. There was a man sitting on the couch at the left side of the club watching her with his scrutinizing eyes and an amused smile.

Selene started her own scrutiny, he was sitting with his back resting on the sofa and legs casually spread wide on the ground. Her eyes then scanned his black full sleeve button down shirt that was hugging his rather sleek body and a pair of navy blue jeans covering his long endless legs.

Selene knew that she was checking him out but it was the least obvious thing among the other things happening around in the club.

She watched him as he leaned front and grabbed a glass from the table in front of him. He lifted his glass saluting her before downing it in one slow gulp. Her heart skipped a beat with an excitement unclear to her.

She raised her glass to him and gave him a small side smile before taking a sip from her glass. She turned away, facing the bar counter again. Her eyebrows scrunched up as she realised her client was still running late.

Just when she thought of leaving, a breathy voice came behind her. She turned around to find her client taking a seat beside her and huffing as if he ran all through his way.

"You're late." She pointed.

He nodded, taking deep breaths, "I know, I was in a chase with the cops. I don't know how they got the info," He said, scratching his head.

"And you came right here?!" Selene yelled, annoyed by his stupidity. He could get both of them caught.

"Relax, I lost them. Just give me the supplies and I will be gone before you know."

"Money first," She said, placing her flat hand forward.

He huffed before giving her the money bag. She pulled the zip open slightly and peaked inside to check.

"There are just two stacks of money, where are the rest?" She questioned.

"I don't have it okay. That's all I got and what you guys are asking is too much." He reasoned.

"You should have thought about that before making a deal with Haden. What he says is final. If it is fifty then you fucking give me fifty not twenty!" She yelled.

"Okay, okay. Fine! Calm down. I'll give you the money by this weekend." Her client tried to convince.

"There are no settlements in our deals, Will. We take it once and give it once. Either you give me right now or we'll settle this over your dead body." Selene warned standing up from her seat.

"Okay! Okay! Chill. Let's settle this without violence. I have my money in my car, I'll bring it to ya." He stood up from his seat as well.

"Don't bother, I'm coming too," she said, not trusting him with her money.

She glanced one last time to the corner of the bar and found the couch empty. Slightly disappointment, she tossed the feeling aside and walked out.

Will and Selene both came out into the parking lot and walked to his car. He gave her the rest of the money from another bag and Selene handed him his supplies.

Once they sealed the deal with a hand shake, she turned around walking back towards her car. She stopped in her tracks when she heard a yell from Will followed by a loud thud.

She turned around to see a buff man standing casually over a passed out Will with a lug wrench in his hands, giving her a wide smile.

She felt a presence behind her and turned back to find the charming man earlier on the couch staring down at her.

Selene eyes went wide in recognition, and his lips curved into a smug smirk.

"Hey gorgeous." was the last thing she heard before her vision went black.

******

Soo that's the first chapter of this story. Tell me what you think of Selene and the man sitting on the couch.

His name will be revealed in the next chap so till then he is referred as the man sitting on the couch (Cringes internally)

~Love AURORA.