35: Highs Too High

"Good morning, Angel."

Keir's dazzling smile greeted her from the kitchen.

"Good morning," She mumbled.

Keir didn't notice her low spirits, he was busy tossing the vegetables in the pan like a pro.

When she came closer, he looked at her enthusiastically. She forced a happy smile and took a sniff of the cooking food.

"Mmm.. Smells heavenly."

"I'm making vegetable tacos." He grinned at her.

She plopped on the counter and got busy admiring him doing his chef work. It was her favourite next to watch him play the guitar.

"Hey! Pour some oil and make sure they don't burn. Would ya?" He asked and turned to make the tacos.

"Sure!" Selene got down and did as he said.

Selene's thought's ran back to what happened yesterday. She was here but her mind was still in Manassas.

She felt empty from within. Her ownself disgusted her that she agreed to give Keir in exchange for those two names.

She had no idea those names of her birth givers were so important that she decided to give him up.

Is blood really thicker than anything? A question rose in the back of her mind.

Her question was left unanswered when she felt Keir's warm presence behind her.

A smile creeped on her face when he snaked his arm around her waist and pressed his body closer to hers.

He swiped her hair to one side and placed a soft wet kiss on her bare shoulder and then to her nape.

Selene sighed, bathing in the feeling of his lips on her skin.

Unknown to her tears started brimming her eyes as she was reminded what she had done.

"Hey! What's wrong?" He turned her chin to face him.

"Nothing. It's just the heat." She gulped and turned off the gas.

"Now we are lying?" He asked with an amused face.

Selene exhaled through her mouth and shook her head.

Keir took her face on his palms and leaned to look into her eyes.

"What did Thindrel do?"

She looked at him surprised how he knew that he had something to do with her mood.

"Nothing. He was just being a dick as usual." She sniffed back her tears.

Keir stared at her with a smile, waiting for her to elaborate.

"He- uh didn't agree to give me names in exchange for Haden." She spoke up a moment later.

Keir nodded, "He wants both of us."

"Yeah and I said-" She cut off looking away from his gaze, "I said I'll give you too."

She shut her eyes, biting her lip, feeling the guilt pressing her down even more.

She looked back at him. His eyes gave nothing away. His face was normal like it was before.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked meekly.

Keir sighed softly and shook his head, "No. Actually that's brilliant. I told you it would work if I give myself up."

Selene took a step back from his touch.