25: Post Vacation Blues

"What is this business you wanted to talk 'bout, Haden?" Selene asked, walking into Haden's boxing room.

Haden was busy pummelling a man around his own size, throwing unmerciful punches at the already half knocked man.

Selene would love to watch Keir and Haden fight in that boxing ring. She wanted to see who would win, though she suspects that it would be Haden when it comes to boxing.

Contrary to Keir's lean fit body, Haden is bulkier and ripped which he loves to show off every now and then. He enrolls into the fighting clubs that he hosts himself and beats off popular boxers to ground.

Selene could always test this theory by unleashing Keir upon him. Keir is fast but Haden won't give up without a fight and he plays dirty in a fight. A risk that Selene won't ever be taking.

Once Haden was satisfied that the man succumbed to his punches and fell on the ground, he turned his attention to her.

"Brent is shipping off some goods here. He thought it would be safe in our treasury." He paused and nodded. "-And I think so too. It would be best if he stayed lowkey in Italy for a while. They'll be here in a couple of days. Since Brent isn't here, you take charge of shifting them to the treasury."

Selene's ears perked up when he finished. Maybe it wasn't a total bad day after all, she thought to herself.

She had been trying to reach the level where Haden could trust her with the treasury. But with Brent always shadowing behind him, she never got a chance to.

She and Shana always had a hunch that there could be something in that locker room of his, that could help to take down Haden once and for all. But it was a hunch, one that was brushed off by NIA.

"Sure." Selene responded.

"Good. Now come up here." He waved her over.

"No thanks. I'm leaving anyway."

"What do ya have to do so urgently?" He asked, leaning over the ropes.

"I don't know! Buy some sanitary pads for my coming up periods? Many things, Haden." She huffed.

He thought for a minute, "Yeah, makes sense why you were so miffed in the phone call earlier."

Selene internally rolled her eyes when he actually believed her made up story.

"Exercise is good in these times, Selene. Come up, let's have a fight." He jumped on his toes, knowing she can't deny longer.

Selene slowly walked around the ring giving him a challenging look, "What do you know about women?"

"Oh! Everything." He smirked and forwarded his hand to assist her up.

Selene tied the gloves around her fists and punched her hands together.

"Get ready to lose, Haden." She smirked.

"Huh! You won like once." He scoffed.

She gave him a pointed look and he nodded begrudgingly.

"Okay, thrice. But we fought like a million times." He boasted.

"Still impressive." Selene shrugged.

Haden stepped front, meeting her half way in the centre of the ring. "Less talking, more fighting."

He swung his arm ready to throw a punch but Selene ducked down and took the first punch into his ribs and swung out of his way, avoiding a punch to her face.

He grimaced in pain. "Good to see that you are still in touch."

Selene tsked, "Less talking, more fighting."