6: Devil's Lair

"Look who finally decided to show up after toiling in a parking lot all night," A rugged, tattooed man mocked Selene.

"I'm not in the mood, Brent. Where's Haden? " Selene said, massaging her forehead with her fingers.

Last night was a disaster, she barely got a wink of sleep till the early morning. Keir's stupid sexy smirk flashed everytime she closed her eyes. The scenario in the parking lot played on her mind in a rewind.

Then coming up with an excuse to Haden got herself all worked up.

She came straight to Haden's lair, her work place as soon as she woke up.

She was in a fouler mood than ever and the tattooed man, Brent was known to make her days worse.

"Ooh! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed or a parking lot," Brent sniggered.

Selene huffed, "Would you shut the fuck up with the parking lot thing? Why were you even tracking me anyway? It's Haden's thing."

"Well he was busy last night entertaining guests." He said emphasising the word 'guests'.

They shared a known look. Selene understood she fucked up big this time. She hoped her reason was good enough to be excused.

"How many were they?" she asked, trying not to sound curious.

"Three, probably four. I don't know, I didn't count." He shrugged, "-I was busy myself," He winked at her.

Selene rolled her eyes disgusted, "Yeah I bet you were."

"You should join me too, it'll be fun." Brent leaned over her.

"It won't be fun anymore when I kick you in the-" Selene was cut off by a rough voice.

"Guys! Guys! Chill out. Let's not start fighting, off season," Selene knew who it was.

She looked at the man descending the stairs. He turned to her flashing a proud smile, "Darling," he said reaching for her hand.

She smiled back taking his hand and stood close to him while his hand rested on her waist.

"I missed you last night." He cooed in her ear.

Selene gave him her best smile, "I missed you too, Haden."

He dipped his head claiming for her lips and She accepted readily. Brent watched them with discontent, wondering how he got Selene out of everyone.

They broke their kiss and Haden flashed her a smile. Selene smiled back, stealing a side glance at Brent in between.

It always made her anxious whenever Haden's soldiers were around. But mostly Brent, his brown eyes stared down at her with an unsettling rage and envy that got her on the edge.

Haden turned to Brent with a disapproving look, "You should learn to respect your brother's girl."

"And she should learn to respect your brother," Brent spoke back.

"Stop being so difficult." Haden gave both of them disapproving looks. His voice came out rough with a slight southern accent that slipped up sometimes.

Brent and Selene both know that behind his calmness there's a storm raging, if he doesn't get what he wants.

But Brent was not someone who was scared of his brother. He gave her a hostile look,"One deserves respect when they are worthy of it."

"Exactly." Selene stated calmly, staring back at him. He clenched his jaw in anger and walked away in a random direction.

Haden sighed and turned his attention to her, "Where were you last night?" He came straight to the point.