12: Devil In Disguise

It felt like Selene was reliving the same day in hell. She used to meet her clients at town outskirts but when she realised that cops were prying there, she changed the place to Downtown's only night club.

So obviously every scoundrel in the town will be there, including Keir. When her paths crossed with him, her life sped up like a rollercoaster. And definitely not in a good way. She had enough murders and crime on her hand, Keir just made it worse and fresh.

So standing in the parking lot staring at the Hudson club board felt like reliving those dreadful moments. And the best part, Haden is smoking a joint right next to her.

He dropped the bomb that he will be tagging along with her when she was just about to head here. Even after insisting that she doesn't need him to babysit her, he was persistent. Surely he had his doubts on what actually happened at this club.

But Selene's concern was Keir. She dreaded that they might cross paths and it won't end well. Although she was confused for who she was concerned about Keir, Haden or herself?

"Shall we go, darling?" He asked, drawing the last puff and putting it off on the ground.

They made their way to the door with Haden's hand firmly placed on her bare lower back. He made her ditch her jeans and leather jacket and instead suggested what she is wearing now.

The thigh length dress's back was very low, exposing all of her spine and the finger width straps of her dress barely supported her bust. A small V slit on her right thigh was just icing on the cake.

It was revealing, slutty even but she didn't mind. Selene might not have a great soul but she had a great body and she is proud of what it can do to men. They were scanning her atrociously and turned their gaze away now and then when Haden caught them staring at her.

"Hmmph!" Haden gave a scoff, "These men can't take eyes off you."

"Yeah well blame the dress and the person who made me wear it." She glared at him.

He gave out a throaty laugh and pulled her over his lap. They were sitting on a corner couch, it was rather silent than the bar stools that she usually sat on.

"Haden what are you-" He pulled her even closer to him, she tried to pull back but his grip was persistent.

They froze when the bartender approached them. She was in her early twenties, blond and wore a short skirt with a coat of makeup to hide the bags under her eyes.

"Mr. Reyes, What do you like to have?" her voice was sweet like honey.

"Please call me Haden and I'd like to have sex on the beach," He smirked flirtariously.

She blushed and nodded, writing it down.

"and you madame?" She asked, turning to her.

"Uh- a margarita."

The woman noted and turned around giving one last look at Haden and walked away. Their open flirtation didn't bother Selene, what bothered her is that she looked familiar. Like someone she knew, someone that used to be Selene.

This club was there since she can remember as being a teenager. She remembered going there to get wasted and laid, of what was called a normal teenage life. But it was different for her, life was hard for her. She used to work as bartender at the same time being the informer to Haden's business. Haden was the right hand to his dad back then. She used to seduce men who had information valuable for them and the ways to extract it was not specified. So sleeping with them was one of them, apart from torturing them. Selene did things that she isn't proud of but she believes it carved her into something she is now. Independent.