4: Thirst For Freedom

"You filthy scumbag!" Selene burst out, her anger reached its highest peak.

She charged towards Keir, pushing him into a chair with all her might and grabbed the knife on the table pointing its sharp tip at him.

Keir, who was caught off guard, now settled on a chair with Selene pouncing on him and the knife's tip poking in his neck.

"Where is my phone? It has a passcode, how did you enter? Where's the client's money?" It's high time that Selene's questions be answered. She was losing her patience and the amused smile on his face doesn't make it any easier.

Vexed, she pierced the knife tip a little deep into his skin. He winced a little before scowling at her.

It scared her a little but she was adamant, "Answer me Keir or you won't see the end of it."

Keir chuckled before answering, "Your phone is with me and your money is in that corner." He cocked his head to the dark corner on their left.

"And the passcode?"

"I don't need passcodes to enter into phones. I have my way," He shrugged casually.

Selene was convinced that Keir can hack into mobiles but what he might have seen in her phone terrified her mind. She can't ask him because that would raise unnecessary suspicion.

Meanwhile as Selene was lost in her own thoughts, Keir was having the best time of his life. He could've easily grabbed the knife from her hand and reverse the whole position but he made himself too comfortable watching her pounce on him like a furious cat.

Their eyes met and the awkwardness of the situation weighed in Selene's mind. Keir took this opportunity and spun Selene by the waist and snatched the knife from her grip.

She was now sitting on the table with her legs dangling on either side of Keir who was standing in between them.

The whole situation got unhandy, and the fact that he's a serial killer made it even worse. Selene tried to push him off her with full force but he didn't budge.

She started hitting him on his chest, "You. Jerk. Get. Off. Me! What do you eat everyday, Humans? Ugh!"

Keir's chest rumbled with his chuckles. It enthralled him how a woman half his size tried to threaten him with a knife and was now punching him all the while knowing what he's capable of.

It fascinated him that she cared less about the fact that he's a serial killer. Selene fascinated him.

He moved back a little giving her some personal space but still stood close. Selene was panting and her chest and shoulders heaved up and down as she took in deep breaths.

The rhythmic movements of her upper body and the stiffening of her neck muscles caught Keir's attention.

It was unusual for him to be this close to anyone and far more less likely with a girl. Keir seldom chooses women or girls as victims, they were mostly men.

But either way if he was this close to them, the next thing they know they would be dead anyway.

Selene's breath became even. Keir was still staring at her neck, possibly even more down. Even though he looked like he was zoned out, she didn't want to take chances so she got off the table.

"Where am I?" Her question brought him back to reality.

As his eyes found hers, he cleared his throat a little and created considerable space between them. If Selene's not blind, she was sure that she saw a red tint against his neck.