II

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☾ SKINSHIP !
( II. CHAPTER TWO ╎ ✎  )
24 january 2020, friday

 CHAPTER TWO ╎ ✎  )24 january 2020, friday

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

   YEJIN'S WORKPLACE IS a ten minute walk from the school. It's her parent's shop. They had always wanted to have their own coffee shop and they made it happen. It started off as a small business but soon, it was bustling with people. Everything in the café was almost homemade. The atmosphere of the shop was Yejin's favourite. It wasn't too loud and neither was it too quiet. It was just perfect.

   Her house was built on top of the shop for easy access. She washes her face, gets changed into comfortable clothing and heads downstairs. She works everyday except Sunday from four till nine. It's a small shop and only Yejin and her parents work there. She greets her mum and puts the apron around her. Yejin doesn't tell her mum that Heeseung may come later because she doesn't know if he will actually come.

   It's not that Yejin was hoping for him to come but she kept on checking her phone to see if he had messaged her about being on his way. The café was a bit busy and the booths were filling up with students and people alike. Yejin checks the time to see that it's almost six and he still hasn't arrived.

   "Why do you keep checking your phone so often? Are you expecting a call or something?" Yejin's mum asks her, adjusting the display trays. "You usually never bring your phone down with you so what's so special today?"

   Yejin laughs quietly and shakes her head.

   "I'm just very hungry. Can I go to the house and eat something? I'll be be back in fifteen minutes,"

   Her mum laughs and nods, not believing anything that Yejin just said. She knows the type of person that Yejin is and getting hungry at six in the evening is definitely not her. Yejin heads upstairs to her room. She's disappointed in herself for hoping. Maybe because it was the first time that she hoped for something like this.

   She finds something to snack on and walks to where her dog, Gureum, is playing with the soft toy. She checks her phone once more to see if Heeseung had messaged but he hasn't so she throws her phone on the sofa and goes to pet her dog. She's never felt like this before. She hates the feeling. She checks the phone once more but nothing. Maybe her wi-fi was down so she turns it off and on again but it's working okay.

   "Gureum-ah, how was your day, huh? Did you have good day? I'll take you for a walk tomorrow, okay?" she coos at the dog, trying to forget her dire need for wanting to look at her phone again.