VI

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☾ SKINSHIP !
(  VI. CHAPTER SIX ╎ ✎  )
28 january 2020, tuesday

 CHAPTER SIX ╎ ✎  )28 january 2020, tuesday

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

   HEESEUNG REPLIED BACK to Yejin within ten seconds of her sending her text. He had said 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' followed by a bunch of emojis. Yejin didn't know what to expect of Heeseung. What was he going to try that her therapist haven't already tried? But why would he want to help her?

   The next morning, Yejin got to school earlier than she usually does. She just couldn't stay at home. She had trouble sleeping the whole night, woke up way before her alarm went off and had breakfast at six. Everything inside her was turning. She had butterflies and they weren't just in her stomach. It was as if they were flying all around her body; in every inche of her veins, in every ounce of her blood. She's never felt like this. She wanted to shake the feeling off but the moment Heeseung walked into the classroom, her stomach erupted into the butterfly feeling once again. She had the urge to vomit.

   "Kang Yejin, hey. Did you sleep well?" Heeseung asks her, taking a seat on the chair next to hers. "You're still on for what I asked yesterday?"

   Yejin doesn't say anything. She nods her head, conspicuously. She was afraid that if she opens her mouth, the only thing that would come out would be bile and not words. Heeseung chuckles softly before walking to his seat.

   This butterfly feeling wouldn't go away no matter how much she tried to make it. Why? Why was she feeling this way? Was she excited? Was she nervous? She took glances at Heeseung every now and then, trying to see if he was the cause of the butterflies but he wasn't. It was every time she thought about being able to touch that made her stomach explode. The feeling of touch. The one sense that she hasn't felt in ten years.

   The whole day she couldn't focus. Her mind kept wondering to the idea of overcoming her phobia. When the final bell rang, she wanted to go home as quickly as possible. She wanted to meet with Heeseung as quickly as possible.

   She got changed into a pair of black mum jeans and a large white hoodie. She told her parents that she couldn't work today because she promised to go somewhere with Heeseung. She didn't want to tell her parents about her trying to over come her phobia. She wanted to show them after she has managed to do it. She just wants them to hold her in her hands like they did when she was younger.

   Unlike the other days where Heeseung would come after six, he comes at four-thirty. He apologises to Yejin's parents for bringing her home late yesterday but they just smile at him. A small bag is hanging around his body. Too small for books but too big to just hold his phone.