XV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☾ SKINSHIP !
(  XV. CHAPTER FIFTEEN ╎ ✎  )
14 february 2020, friday

TW // character mentions death, sexual assault and abuse but no details are shared▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

   YEJIN WANTED TO change first; change out of her dress and feet-killing heels. Heeseung waits in her living room as she goes to change. She pulls on a pair of black trousers and a maroon hoodie. She puts on black socks and sinks her feet into her boots before leaving her room. She hears hushed voices coming from the living room.

   "I was just telling Heeseung how handsome he looks, Yejin-ah. Doesn't he look dashing?" Yejin's mum coos over Heeseung, gently patting his hair. "You two came home early? Wasn't the dance fun?"

   "It was fun but we're two introverts who hate being surrounded by noise and people," Heeseung tells her, pointing to Yejin and then himself. "Eommeoni, is it okay if I borrow Yejin for a while? Maybe an hour or two?"

   "What do you think, honey? Do you trust Heeseung to take our daughter out for an hour or two? This late at night?" Yejin's mum laughs, walking to where her husband is standing.

   "I mean, we have trusted him before so why shouldn't we now, right?" Yejin's dad comments, nodding to his daughter and her friend. "But no later than eleven o'clock, young man, okay?"

   "Yes, abbeoji. Eleven," Heeseung bows his head.

   Yejin thanks her parents before leaving the house. They walk to the park that they usually go to and sit on the swings like they do when they don't want to do anything. The park is quiet. The street surrounding the park is also very quiet.

   "My parents really love you, Lee Heeseung, and I don't ever want that to change," Yejin smiles at him, thinking about how much her parents mention Heeseung around the house on a normal day. "Like they really love you like a son and I love that so much,"

   "And I love them too. They give you so much freedom and I think it's amazing that we have parents that are so similar in that sense," Heeseung tells her, reaching for her hands. "But what you said about telling me. You said you were on-,"

   "I said that I was gonna tell you when I trust you enough," Yejin cuts him off as she laces her fingers through his. "And I need you to know that, next to my parents, I trust you most in the world, Lee Heeseung. I feel so safe when I'm with you and I love you so much for making me feel like that,"