VIII

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☾ SKINSHIP !
(  VIII. CHAPTER EIGHT ╎ ✎  )
3 february 2020, monday

 CHAPTER EIGHT ╎ ✎  )3 february 2020, monday

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

   ON THE WAY to school, it starts raining. Yejin is neither wearing a jacket or a raincoat. She also doesn't have an umbrella. The weather didn't forecast rain for today, Yejin grumbles to herself, getting ready to run, when someone's umbrella shields her from the water. It's Jihyun.

   "Are you stupid? Or are you stupid?" she laughs, edging closer to Yejin but not touching her in any way. "You didn't see the forecast? It's going to pelt it down today,"

   It seems that Yejin is always confused. She doesn't understand Jihyun. After exchanging numbers yesterday, Jihyun wouldn't stop texting Yejin the whole night. She added Yejin to their group chat which was called '3 musketeers' but Jeongseong changed it to 'fantastic four' after Yejin had joined. They all seemed like long-distance friends who finally saw each other for the first time. It made Yejin feel good. There was something beautiful in the way they talked to her. They never singled her out or talked about the past; they always managed to involve Yejin in on all their different conversations.

   Yejin doesn't understand why Jihyun is here so early. Jihyun arrives on time or fashionably late, never earlier.

   "You're here pretty early? How come?" Yejin asks her.

   "I'm always here early. I just sit over there-," Jihyun points to a small store across the street. "-until I see Heeseung or Jeongseong,"

   Yejin nods her head, trying to picture Jihyun ever arriving on time. Today might be a first. In the a hundred and thirty-six thousand, eight hundred hours that Yejin has spent in lesson with Jihyun, today might be the first day that she is ever early.

   "Do you want to skive today? Rain makes me lazy and I hate working when it's raining," Jihyun suddenly asks Yejin, stopping in their tracks. "We could go to the arcade or Lotte World? It's literally a fifteen minute walk from here,"

   The idea of bunking school had never occurred to Yejin. She is a model student; good grades, good punctuality, good sense of guidance. Until today, she had never even thought about bunking off school. The concept was tempting. Yejin checks her phone for the time. It's currently seven-forty-seven. She only has two lessons today. She knows that she should go to school but the thought of spending a day with Jihyun thrilled her. She decided that she would think about the consequences later.