X

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☾ SKINSHIP !
(  X. CHAPTER TEN ╎ ✎  )
7 february 2020, friday

 CHAPTER TEN ╎ ✎  )7 february 2020, friday

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      SHE'S LATE AGAIN. She pulls her bag over her shoulders and runs out the house, shouting her salutations to her parents on the way. She has been going to sleep later every day. She just cannot fall asleep. She'll toss and turn in bed, counting sheep or whatever will make her go to sleep. She sleeps through her alarms that are usually set between six and six-thirty and is woken up by her mum who gets ready for work. By the time her parents wake up, it's eight-fifteen.

   She stumbles out of the back door, pulling it shut and starting her run towards the school. She stops when she hears Heeseung calling out her. This is the third time they have met coincidentally on the way to school. He's never usually this late either.

   Yejin wants to just ignore him and run on ahead but he catches up to her before she could even make her mind up. She can't look him the face. She's embarrassed. She bows her head to look away from him.

   It was a hard few days for Yejin. She made some progress with touching but every day, she had to re-learn what she already learnt. Every day they repeated the same gesture of her touching Heeseung's palm.

   When she touched Heeseung's palm for the first time on Wednesday, a spark exploded in her. It was as if someone had ignited fireworks and stuffed them in her body to blow. It was an overwhelming feeling; too much skin all at once so what was her first instinct? To put her gloves back on. They tried to do the same thing every day but it just go too much for Yejin. She just couldn't make any progress.

   She felt bad because it her idea to skip all the first steps and go straight to skin-to-skin contact. She should've known that it would've been too much all at once. She apologised to Heeseung every time she saw him. She felt bad. She asked him to help her but she's barely making any progress. She was embarrassed to face him after failing every day.

   "Kang Yejin, what's up with you? Why are you not looking at me?" Heeseung asks her, noticing her change in demeanour. "Wait, don't tell me you're embarrassed,"

   "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I keep failing every day," Yejin apologises again to him, bowing her head even more. "I'm just embarrassed that I can't get it right,"

   Heeseung starts to laugh out loud, making Yejin pick her head up. Yejin feels even more embarrassed, her cheeks turning red.