BEYOND THE GRASPS

BASIC CONCEPTS AND RULES:

No mated pair can lay with another, and will do anything they can to prevent sexual intercourse with another, including killing any attackers. This form of killing will not lead one's soul into the pits as it is an act of self-defense.

To be away from your mate for more than a month would mean insanity. People will go to any lengths to get their mates back to them, even killing their children if they are the ones to keep them away from the other half of their souls.

No trueborn child of Hera and Zeus is to be brought to justice by any other than Zeus himself, as they are a part of his house and bloodline.

Vampires over 2,000 years old have little problem with controlling themselves.

Eating animals not only weakens a vampire over time, but it will eventually kill them, as human blood was what gave them life and they owe Hades human blood that they take in through their feedings.

Humans eaten by vampires are of a high status in the Underworld due to the fact that they were like sacrifices for them. Hades often befriends them and most are invited to his parties.

All Gods follow their own code of conduct.

No vampire would be able to kill a God as they are only alive because of 'Hades' mercy'

Vampires have souls, they just belong to Hades.

The mix between Apollo and Selene is what makes Vampires both creatures of the moon and sun, shining in the sun while being tied to the night and moon.

The Gods stay away from vampires and usually do not harass them out of fear that they have met and gotten approval of Hades, who scares most of the Gods.

When meeting a God, vampires will be able to sense their grace and may try and gain their favor.

Poseidon likes the idea of vampires and allows them safe passage through the sea whenever they wish.

While Hades gave the first 'sireline gift', other gods have also blessed lines with the ability to help their sires develop gifts.

If a vampire pleases Hades enough, that vampire could have their curse lifted by him.

Hades can take away any gift if he sees fit. This has only happened twice.

This is not recorded in Olympian history (as to not upset Demeter), but the real reason that Hades wanted Persephone is because they are mates. It is also why Zeus blessed the union, as he knew that he could not let his daughter and brother go crazy. Hades has to see her even when she is with her mother. They do this in secret.

The first vampire to ever cry broke longstanding tradition. Hades did not take away that ability completely, simply nullifying it. As venom shields the eyes, the vampire has to be depressed and shocked enough to break down that barrier. After that, black tears will flow. Aro Volturi was the first vampire to ever cry, the second being Caius Volturi, and the third being Marcus Volturi.

LORE:

The idea of a mate was created by the fates when one fell in love with a man who was, in her eyes, equal and perfect for her. Despite Zeus' dismay, he allowed the creation of soulmates in the mortal and immortal realms, creating bonds that cannot be broken by that of magic or death. Life forces are tied together and an immortal creature like a God will make their mortal mate immortal when they complete the bond between them. While this is just a story told by Zeus, nobody but he knows the true story.

While the origins of soulmates are disputed by the Gods, who don't know if the fates actually had any involvement, it is well known that marriage between mates is rare amongst their species. Only five Gods have found their mates and they were minor Gods and Goddesses.

One conspiracy among the gods is that humanity were originally immortal, but Gaia believed them to be either unworthy or too powerful. Upon seeing humanity for the first time, she split their souls in two and spread them across the world, left to desperately search for each other. Her motives? To end humanity as a whole, as if they looked for their soulmates they would not breed with any other. Although a cunning plan, she had not had them complete or even activate their bonds, meaning they had no love for their soulmate yet, making her plans useless.

Vampires have been around for 5,000 years and are under the rule of Selene, Goddess of the Moon and mother of vampires. It was her half-blood son Ambrogio, who had angered both Apollo and Selene with his ruthless attitude, that was the first to turn into a full-fledged vampire. As the first vampire, he found his mate, Acacia, and accidentally turned her in a moment of passion. After finding out he could change people into vampires, Hades found out about his newfound immortality and forced him to drink a glass of blood and ambrosia, making him thirst for blood while also making him stronger. With this hunger, he could no longer turn people, and found his way into Greece where he slaughtered thousands in what humans thought was a plague.

There is a theory that Ambrogio was not the son of a human, but actually the son of Apollo, which would have made him a full God.

Gifts were originally granted by Gods, but after 300 years Hades blessed a single sire line with the ability to turn people with gifts. This gave the God of the Underworld more time to himself as he didn't have to go to the mortal lands so frequently to bless the species with gifts.

Many of the vampires that the Volturi have met do not believe Aro, Caius, and Marcus when they are told of their origins, sometimes sticking to more Christian beliefs even when given proof of the Greek Gods' existence. Over the past 1,000 years the Gods have gotten fed up with many vampires that, no longer giving them gifts of powerful sirelines, which is why so few younger vampires have useful gifts or gifts at all.

Many of the original members of the Volturi were Greeks who had been turned by Ambrogio and wanted to leave the original coven. Some of these people were Athenodora and Iasonas, who ended up being mated to Caius and a vampire man named Cadmus, who was gifted the power of gravitational control. Many do not know Cadmus, as he does not like to stay on the ground for very long, but he is good friends with the kings and is tied down by his mate and her friendship with Athenodora.

The real reason why Hades wanted the vampire's souls is because he, and many of the other Olympians, believed that Selene could grow too powerful if she teamed up with Apollo. Since vampires were both children of the sun and moon, Hades tied them to death as well, making their power balanced.

Vampires in the beginning did not have to eat or drink anything and had their human eye colors. The blood that they drink is what changed their eyes. 

The oldest vampires in the world are Ambrogio and his mate, though many are about 500 years younger, as that is when he learned basic control. None of these vampires have powers but are much more knowledgeable than the younger members of their species.

---